Fullback position dead. (2 Viewers)

I like a misfit TE used in the FB position. Good hands, good blocker, breaks tackles, nasty attitude, great college player, but go undrafted because they don't fit the prototype.
A la David Thomas sometimes even when we had Heath Evans. That's really more of an H-back than a true FB, but I get what you're saying. We tried that with a TE we brought up from the PS when Line was out and then signed Ortiz (wasn't that his name?) who played what I thought was ok in one game in Line's absence, but the following game he only took snaps on special teams.

Juszczyk. Juszczyk, Juszczyk. Just practicing. Also, it gets in my phone's memory.
Oh, THAT'S who he was talking about. I dunno, most people never even learned to spell "Mitchum".

Yeah, two words: Mike Karney. This was my screensaver after that Dallas game. Man, that was fun!

1580762811590.png

I’m excited to see who the Saints acquire as their new FB. They like to get an athletic guy that can block (in the Heath Evans/Zach Line mold).

A dark horse could be Michael Burton. He was with the Saints last preseason before catching on with the Redskins... he’s a FA this offseason.

My pipe-dream is for the Saints to get AJ Dillon from Boston College... he’s 250lbs and is a load as a runner... he’s have to show he can block and make the transition from power HB to FB though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom