Fullback position dead. (1 Viewer)

Of course. That's why I brought it up. Sometimes those guys are the best true football players on the field. However they don't get the big contracts and many teams don't even use them. Typically they are low draft or even undrafted.
I know when Zach Line was out the Saints offense wasn't the same.

Of course. That's why I brought it up. Sometimes those guys are the best true football players on the field. However they don't get the big contracts and many teams don't even use them. Typically they are low draft or even undrafted.
Ol boy who's name I can't spell from the niners is a FA this year. I really hope we make a hard push to pick him up.

Too much money to tie into something when you can do better in the draft. I'd take George Astin or Cullen Gillaspia. Or, if Taysom is really the guy going forward, The kid from Army, Wollfolk or someone who better fits the H-back mold.
The only reason I want SF's FB in particular is his ability to do some of the things Taysom Hill does outside of just being a fullback.

Ol boy who's name I can't spell from the niners is a FA this year.
Not a FA yet -- Juszczyk is signed for one more year.

However, he could be a cap casualty this off-season -- releasing him nets the 49ers $5.45 million. Or else ... they could extend him.

However, he could be a cap casualty this off-season -- releasing him nets the 49ers $5.45 million. Or else ... they could extend him.
Ah, ok. I thought I heard when we played them that he was a pending FA this off-season. I hope he's a cap casualty but honestly, he's worth that money they'd save, IMO.

ETA: I remember now they were saying he'd be a FA after NEXT SEASON when talking about his versatility and importance to their team in comparing him to Hill.

Last edited:
those kind of things go in cycles. People get a way from in it favor of other things working better, defenses then stop preparing for it in camp, then some coach exploits it like its some new thing and everyone else wants to capitalize on that success.

I think there are more chances of him being extended than cut. It may be sound weird but Juszczyk is the piece that makes the niners offense so different.

He is an old school full back. Great blocking, but also is a tight end in disguise in the pass game.

He is the perfect lead block on the run game, he can stay and protect the quarterback or run intermediate routes and screens on the pass game.

Hard to believe, but he is their version of Alvin Kamara, because of the many roles he plays on that offense.

I like a misfit TE used in the FB position. Good hands, good blocker, breaks tackles, nasty attitude, great college player, but go undrafted because they don't fit the prototype.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom