Fumble 6, 2 Bad snap exchange, Offense & Special Teams penalties/miscue, and 2 missed FG in a game decided by 8 points. (1 Viewer)

Taker597

Hall-of-Famer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
On top of below average QB play(Injured or not) and really bad unimaginative playcalling.

We weren't even the worse offense today. We didn't even have the worst QB today. We was certainly the most poorly coached offense and special teams that I've seen since before Payton.

It was ridiculous how undisciplined the team looked out there. We should of cruised to an easy ten point victory even with Winston playing with a broke back.

WR jumping offside
Fumbles
Snap exchanges
Bad holding calls
Getting in 2nd and long or 3rd and 7s.

The procedural/mental errors continue to get worse.

It feels there isn't a voice in the offensive room to help these guy to be locked in on game day

We have bigger issues than Winston play.

I want Dalton start till Winston gets healthy, but the narrative has to speak about the coaching on offense has been borderline non-existent and unacceptable.

Last edited:
On top of below average QB play(Injured or not) and really bad unimaginative playcalling.

We weren't even the worse offense today. We was the mostly poor coached on Offense and special teams that I've seen since before Payton.

It was ridiculous how undisciplined the team looked out there. We should of cruised to an easy ten point victory even with Winston playing with a broke back.

I want Dalton start till Winston gets healthy, but the narrative has to speak about the coaching on offense has been borderline non-existent and unacceptable.
Defense gave up, what 15 points?
And half of that was on one play.

The problem is the offense. The quarterback is the captain. He has to be good. Jameis is not good.

Agreed. QB play wasn't good for a lot of the game but there are seriously glaring issues. Pete's unbelievably predictable playcalling. Penalties. Fumbles. Missed/blocked FGs.

Defense gave up, what 15 points?
And half of that was on one play.

The problem is the offense. The quarterback is the captain. He has to be good. Jameis is not good.

Did Jameis punch that ball out of AK's hands for it to get returned for 6?
Did Jameis get flagged for a chop block (bad call) taking away points on our first drive after a laser to Mike?
Did Jameis miss 2 fieldgoals?

I have no problems pointing out flaws in his game, I've done it numerous times today, but he isn't the sole reason we lost today.

Did Jameis punch that ball out of AK's hands for it to get returned for 6?
Did Jameis get flagged for a chop block (bad call) taking away points on our first drive after a laser to Mike?
Did Jameis miss 2 fieldgoals?

I have no problems pointing out flaws in his game, I've done it numerous times today, but he isn't the sole reason we lost today.
Winston did enough... Playing poorly to get us a W. The rest of the offense and Special Teams was extremely undisciplined like Eric McCoy having a snap miscue. Stuff like that is unacceptable for a center. Just like Winston fumbling the snap. It's also unacceptable.

I don't even know how he turned that into a positive 5 yard play. But still unacceptable.

There is plenty of blame to share around.

We weren't even the worse offense today. We was the mostly poor coached on Offense and special teams that I've seen since before Payton.

WR jumping offside
Fumbles
Snap exchanges
Bad holding calls
Getting in 2nd and long or 3rd and 7s.

Playcalling has been disgusting.

These bunch formations haven't worked all season yet Pete keeps calling them.

Playcalling has been disgusting.

These bunch formations haven't worked all season yet Pete keeps calling them.
Every 1st down is a 2 yard run or an incompletion with only two receivers in coverage vs. 5.

If "if" was a fifth we would all be ....

Winston did enough... Playing poorly to get us a W. The rest of the offense and Special Teams was extremely undisciplined like Eric McCoy having a snap miscue. Stuff like that is unacceptable for a center. Just like Winston fumbling the snap. It's also unacceptable.

I don't even know how he turned that into a positive 5 yard play. But still unacceptable.

There is plenty of blame to share around.
It's getting hard to defend him and I'm a supporter. You mean MT and Jarvis were never open? I hope he can do better but he's gotta help himself at some point.

It's getting hard to defend him and I'm a supporter. You mean MT and Jarvis were never open? I hope he can do better but he's gotta help himself at some point.
They were averaging close to league worst in separation yards. Winston isn't targeting Olave just because...

It’s obviously coaching.

Every time a camera would cut away to Payton on the sideline he was almost always very active … talking to his QB, chirping at players, working the refs. Players that made a mistake would run half the football field before cutting to the sideline to avoid Payton knowing they were going to get it.

Every time the camera would cut to Allen, it was almost always either him with his hands on his knees staring out onto the field alone or calling plays into his mic. The offense is struggling and he’s barely interacting with the offense at all, coaches or players. During the Payton down years around 2014 it was almost a game within a game watching Payton and Ryan getting after each other on the sideline. They didn’t hate each other, but Payton hated losing and let people around him know it.

I’m sure we’re missing a lot that the cameras aren’t showing, but I cannot imagine Sean Payton just staring off into the void in the 3rd quarter of a game passively watching the defense get skull-dragged up and down the field for the 10th time. There were multiple cutaways to Allen during the third quarter when the Saints offense was on the field and he was chewing gum watching them fail.

Even in the press conference his demeanor was that of a beaten puppy, not someone angry that his team keeps shooting itself in the foot over and over again. He doesn’t have to go Gordon Ramsay on everyone, but show some passion. Let everyone know losing means something. Don’t say, “I-I-I-I just think we all need to do better”. He said it, but I didn’t believe him.

They were averaging close to league worst in separation yards. Winston isn't targeting Olave just because...
I understand but MT has never been a speed guy, you have to give him a ball he can work with. A QB has to make a play and he's not doing it. We have better receivers than last year but look worst.

It’s obviously coaching.

Every time a camera would cut away to Payton on the sideline he was almost always very active … talking to his QB, chirping at players, working the refs. Players that made a mistake would run half the football field before cutting to the sideline to avoid Payton knowing they were going to get it.

Every time the camera would cut to Allen, it was almost always either him with his hands on his knees staring out onto the field alone or calling plays into his mic. The offense is struggling and he’s barely interacting with the offense at all, coaches or players. During the Payton down years around 2014 it was almost a game within a game watching Payton and Ryan getting after each other on the sideline. They didn’t hate each other, but Payton hated losing and let people around him know it.

I’m sure we’re missing a lot that the cameras aren’t showing, but I cannot imagine Sean Payton just staring off into the void in the 3rd quarter of a game passively watching the defense get skull-dragged up and down the field for the 10th time. There were multiple cutaways to Allen during the third quarter when the Saints offense was on the field and he was chewing gum watching them fail.

Even in the press conference his demeanor was that of a beaten puppy, not someone angry that his team keeps shooting itself in the foot over and over again. He doesn’t have to go Gordon Ramsay on everyone, but show some passion. Let everyone know losing means something. Don’t say, “I-I-I-I just think we all need to do better”. He said it, but I didn’t believe him.
Agreed I feel the team is with him but he has to show some fire being too chill is a flaw at times

It’s obviously coaching.

The coaching drop-off is amazingly bad. DA is not coaching the whole team just the D (and the D has two 2 co-DCs).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom