Fumble 6, 2 Bad snap exchange, Offense & Special Teams penalties/miscue, and 2 missed FG in a game decided by 8 points. (1 Viewer)

I don’t buy we would’ve kept Allen if he wasn’t head coach.
Why would a 1st time head coach try to mess with something that wasn't broke? The whole point of coming here at the time is that you had an elite defense and coaching staff. All you had to do is turn around a bad offense.

We have had 2 major changes in last 2 years

SP and DB

DA and PC have been there much of the way and PC was with DB since San Diego

We added JW who is playing the exact same way he has always played

We can’t run screens anymore, can’t run slants , it’s curl routes and deep throws , QB holds the ball misses throws and doesn’t see open receivers and doesn’t mana ge the game ( not throwing to ak for the 1st)

Defenses blitz every down there is no need to cover short quick routes

Play caller can’t call all the plays because QB can’t make all the throws

Oline can’t block every blitz every down

The issue is JW doesn’t not fit this offense ,

we knocked DB for the lack of deep ball and MT earned the label slant boy but that is the offense short passes, slants and screens , QB gets rid of the ball , quick tempo , setup the down field throw - and the ability to read the defense change the play etc

We have had 2 major changes in last 2 years

SP and DB

DA and PC have been there much of the way and PC was with DB since San Diego

We added JW who is playing the exact same way he has always played

We can’t run screens anymore, can’t run slants , it’s curl routes and deep throws , QB holds the ball misses throws and doesn’t see open receivers and doesn’t mana ge the game ( not throwing to ak for the 1st)

Defenses blitz every down there is no need to cover short quick routes

Play caller can’t call all the plays because QB can’t make all the throws

Oline can’t block every blitz every down

The issue is JW doesn’t not fit this offense ,

we knocked DB for the lack of deep ball and MT earned the label slant boy but that is the offense short passes, slants and screens , QB gets rid of the ball , quick tempo , setup the down field throw - and the ability to read the defense change the play etc
Ya, but JW was working with Payton last year and DA has a track record as a failed coach and no one wanted Pete as an HC. The Payton coaching tree is not good.

It's getting hard to defend him and I'm a supporter. You mean MT and Jarvis were never open? I hope he can do better but he's gotta help himself at some point.
On a few occasions the network announcers were showing on the replay where Saints receivers were wide open after Jameis had thrown the ball away or incomplete into very tight coverage. It was as if they were trying to help Winston & the viewing audience to see that our receivers were indeed getting open. Jameis just couldn’t find them.

Ya, but JW was working with Payton last year and DA has a track record as a failed coach and no one wanted Pete as an HC. The Payton coaching tree is not good.
Well remember before SP got here he had his play calling abilities pulled ,

None of SP project QBs panned out Chase Daniel , To y Romo I guess but he didn’t coach Romo

Question was raised on game day thread , Did SP leave after seeing what JW was and didn’t want his rep tarnished for next job?

This whole fixing of QBs thing maybe an incoming rookie (which as said above SP hasn’t shown much) but a vet who has had some success to change that much especially if skill set doesn’t match the system - not sure about that

So did SP create DB I’d did DB create SP

Only one read defenses, changed the plays and made the throws

The Mike McDaniels talk is some serious “Hindsight is 20/20”. He wasn’t even the Dolphins first choice at HC (remember, they got dinged for the Sean Payton/Flores mess). He was like option c or d for them. Nobody saw this McDaniels this happening the way it did.

Well remember before SP got here he had his play calling abilities pulled ,

None of SP project QBs panned out Chase Daniel , To y Romo I guess but he didn’t coach Romo

Question was raised on game day thread , Did SP leave after seeing what JW was and didn’t want his rep tarnished for next job?

This whole fixing of QBs thing maybe an incoming rookie (which as said above SP hasn’t shown much) but a vet who has had some success to change that much especially if skill set doesn’t match the system - not sure about that

So did SP create DB I’d did DB create SP

Only one read defenses, changed the plays and made the throws
Fact is, DA was terrible his first time as HC that's not the same as what happened with an offensive HC who never got another HC job. Sean squeezed a winning season out of multiple QBs last year and he's the best coach in our history.

The Mike McDaniels talk is some serious “Hindsight is 20/20”. He wasn’t even the Dolphins first choice at HC (remember, they got dinged for the Sean Payton/Flores mess). He was like option c or d for them. Nobody saw this McDaniels this happening the way it did.
We were supposed to bring in Peterson but it was all a game for Allen, he was always the choice.

We were supposed to bring in Peterson but it was all a game for Allen, he was always the choice.
Many people here wanted Allen over Doug. I wanted Bienemy, but understood the Nick Underhill reasoning as to why Dennis Allen was the best choice.

I understand but MT has never been a speed guy, you have to give him a ball he can work with. A QB has to make a play and he's not doing it. We have better receivers than last year but look worst.

MT had 5 catches on 5 attempts for right at 50 yards yesterday.

Fact is, DA was terrible his first time as HC that's not the same as what happened with an offensive HC who never got another HC job. Sean squeezed a winning season out of multiple QBs last year and he's the best coach in our history.
i agree he is the best coach in Saints history, we have had some bad coaches, DB is the best QB by far and we have had some bad QBs

we may still have a winning season but that low bar is also part of Saints history we all are hoping

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom