Fumble advance 5yds? (1 Viewer)

FWtex

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
1st-10, DAL48 15:00 J. Kitna sacked by W. Smith. J. Kitna fumbled. M. Bennett recovered fumble and returned for 5 yards

Bennet should have been down by contact. Instead they were given a 2nd and 5.

Three Monkeys

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Right. Bennett was in the middle of the scrum, being touched by players when he got up and ran for 5 yards.

seagull

2010 World Champions
Reaction score
Glad I was just not wearing Saints glasses and someone else saw the same thing.

Reaction score
1st-10, DAL48 15:00 J. Kitna sacked by W. Smith. J. Kitna fumbled. M. Bennett recovered fumble and returned for 5 yards

He picked up the ball and ran. He was never on the ground.

Pancakes

Prepare to die
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
He picked up the ball and ran. He was never on the ground.
I thought this at first, but the replay actually showed him on the ground with our players touching him..He should have been down by contact and I thought Payton should have challenged it.

saints15

All-Pro
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know that it would have been worth the challenge?

The officials had already blown two easy calls that forced the cowboys to challenge. We lost a challenge on the Witten pass play. Therefore, we only had one challenge left. The way the game was going - I was willing to give up five yds and save the challenge for later if we needed it. It did not result in a first down.

fwaokda

eh probably pay back from last year when Hargrove did the same thing to the Jets for a fumble recovery for TD. Cept I'll take it since we received a TD and they just were awarded 5 yards :p

swordstrike

Reaction score
referees let Dallas get by with quite alot in this game, including a hold on that first long TD run.

Large Saints Fan

Score! Would you kindly?
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
eh probably pay back from last year when Hargrove did the same thing to the Jets for a fumble recovery for TD. Cept I'll take it since we received a TD and they just were awarded 5 yards :p

Not trying to be a picky turd, but that was the Carolina game when jake did the double helmet-face-palm.

He was down when they showed the replay.

AmerVet

The 1 Arm Receiver
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

even tho i understand where you are coming from, we didnt say these things about hargrove in the carolina game last year when he scooped up a fumble being touched from every area. he got up and walked into the enzone. just trying to be fair

DomeDude

Huh ?
Reaction score
The play I really didnt understand was the botched punt where they called illegal kick. If it was a fumble then an illegal kick, shouldnt it have been the Saints' ball at the spot of the kick and not where it was returned to ? I mean if it wasnt a legal punt, how could it not be a dead ball at the point it was illegally kicked ? Not sure about the rule here, can anyone explain this call to me ?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom