Saints Fumbles! (1 Viewer)

Interesting that Drew Brees and Brady have the best fumble rates in history.

Kurt Warner had almost as many fumbles in nearly 200 less games.

Pretty sure this includes sack/strip fumbles though which isn't entirely on the qb and has a lot to do with the quality of the team as well.

Edit: Rodgers 81 fumbles in 197 games.

I don't think you make an argument for Jameis against Taysom's fumbling issue last year or vice versa. They both have turnover problems. One has a worse turnover rate than the other but with Jameis's 5 year sample and Taysom's 4 game sample, I think you would just list it as an unacceptable negative for both. If either continues those trends they wouldn't stay a starter.

Interesting that Drew Brees and Brady have the best fumble rates in history.

Kurt Warner had almost as many fumbles in nearly 200 less games.

Pretty sure this includes sack/strip fumbles though which isn't entirely on the qb and has a lot to do with the quality of the team as well.

Edit: Rodgers 81 fumbles in 197 games.

I have been absolutely shocked at some of the blindside hits that Drew has taken and still held onto the ball. I don’t know if it qualifies as a “skill,” but it certainly is a small part of what makes him so great.

Ehhhhh.....I could let it slide for a guy that has his abilities. Dude is a beast. That’s just my on personal feelings
Until it costs you a game! Ppl tend to forget the fumble against the failcants, that could've been an easy scoop and score to beat the SAINTS!!!

Until it costs you a game! Ppl tend to forget the fumble against the failcants, that could've been an easy scoop and score to beat the SAINTS!!!
TH7 accounted for 13 TDs. Passing, rushing, and receiving. The guy fills in a handful of positions. Whether you like it or not, he adds great value. It’s not like he’s a one trick pony that has a fumbling issue. Those guys value diminishes when they accrue fumbling issues. Besides, I’m sure he can correct it.

TH7 accounted for 13 TDs. Passing, rushing, and receiving. The guy fills in a handful of positions. Whether you like it or not, he adds great value. It’s not like he’s a one trick pony that has a fumbling issue. Those guys value diminishes when they accrue fumbling issues. Besides, I’m sure he can correct it.
Does his value diminish with his "accrue fumbling issues", or it doesn't it?! Who said he wasn't valuable or even good??? WHO??? You just let it be known that you're a Taysom apologist, that's all. I said nothing negative; just FACTS!!! How are you so sure he can correct it?! HOW???

Mac Jones only has two fumbles in his career (1 lost).

Just saying.

Winston had 6 fumbles at FSU in 2013 and 7 at FSU in 2014.
As our resident Mac Jones advocate, how do you respond to the criticism that he's one of the least mobile QBs in this year's draft? I just heard the comment this morning, so unless he goes to a playoff contender like us he'll have problems running from elite NFL D lineman.

Really wish we'd wait to have these discussions...

A.) If Winston is actually on the team this year.
B.) If Coach Payton actually announces there will be a QB competition.

Last edited:
As our resident Mac Jones advocate, how do you respond to the criticism that he's one of the least mobile QBs in this year's draft? I just heard the comment this morning, so unless he goes to a playoff contender like us he'll have problems running from elite NFL D lineman.
He doesn't really care and seems to be stuck on relic of the past. I been talking it about since I started scouting him. I see him as a very unlikely pick.

He's fallen in love with mostly his accuracy and paper stats. I like stats, but film is more of my thing. Even under perfect conditions, I don't see it viable for any team to really reimagine Jones supporting cast or his elite Oline in the NFL. NFL pressure is a whole nother beast. If he can stays healthy while a team builds him an adequate Oline. He may get a chance.

Pocket athleticism is so crucial nowadays because Oline play is probably the worst it ever been league wide. Itwas a luxury skill about ten years ago that is a must need nowadays. There is no stonewall offensive line anymore. You can't really build one either.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom