Saints Fun Drew Brees Tidbit (1 Viewer)

In order to earn his Superbowl Victory Brees had to beat 3 first Ballot HOF QBs. Two of em Favre and Manning were the two most prolific passers of all time until recently.

It will be cool to see what other tidbits or factoids others will come up with.

He beat the living hell out of the Brady led Pats in the dome that year, as well.

In 2009, Brees and the Saints beat 4 of the top 10 all time QBs.

Was looking at some Aaron Brooks stats because he was brought up in another thread which led me to looking at Saints franchise records.

1594829434129.png

:oops:
I was amazed to find out his throwing accuracy clobbers the world's best archers

I remember I was working up in Packer country that year. My hangout of choice was a big Sunday football spot. I got to know the owner and he laughed so hard when I told him the Saints were going to win the Super Bowl. He was like ā€œthey are doing well, but they are the Saintsā€

He was also a serious gambler and had a huge parlay that was going to make or break his week. The Saints were about to win, but they werenā€™t going to cover. I told him, with the confidence provided by Jagermeister, that he needed faith in the Saints.Just a second or two later, we picked off a pass on the sideline for a pick 6 and covered for him.

Made a believer out of him lol.

In terms of 2009 season beat downs, I still cherish the face of Tom Brady as he stared obvious and undeniable defeat in the face.

38-17

Attachments

• 1918648_338623205430_2920619_n.jpg
    1918648_338623205430_2920619_n.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 4
Drew had more touchdowns than interceptions that game. 21-26 passing with 5 touchdowns. I remember that game so well and it was a prime example of the mediaā€™s treatment of the saints. All week it was billed as the superdome show down and after we destroyed New England, next day on ESPN, nothing on the front page šŸ˜‚. Shout out to the predator mike McKenzie and Chris mccallister for signing off the street and helping out for a few games. Mike even got a pick that game. Chris also forced a very crucial albeit controversial fumble to help us on the Washington game that year

I've always loved these:

1594838787968.png

1594838813015.png

1594838823648.png
There's another picture I can't find any more (or maybe I just remember it so vividly from the broadcast), of Brady sat on the bench when the game is clearly out of reach. And we're not talking late in the fourth.

It. Was. Beautiful.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom