Fun with technology (1 Viewer)

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
We're finishing up a home renovation and I had an AV/Tech contractor install a modern whole-home audio system that I can control with my phone.

They got it up and running this week and this morning when I was over there, I noticed my general contractor's guys were listening to it - they had a classic rock Pandora station on while they're doing a bunch of touch up and other finish work.

It doesn't bother me that they're using it, but they didn't ask me - which would have been appropriate. But no biggie . . . however, I think I'm entitled to mess with them. I just created a new Pandora station with Barry Manilow and the Carpenters.

Let's see how long they leave it on. I turned the volume up just a tad as well - but not too much to be obviously messing with them. :smilielol:

What receiver are you using? How many zones?

What receiver are you using? How many zones?

A Sony STR-ZA1000ES is the main receiver. It's running on a Control4 system, so each room with speakers is effectively it's own zone - you can add rooms or remove rooms (and toggle each room's volume as you wish) at any time through the touch panel or phone app.

I just got a text - they figured it out. Haha

Here's what played

c524e9568cb4646b30df5a14fff8f4f2.jpg

A Sony STR-ZA1000ES is the main receiver. It's running on a Control4 system, so each room with speakers is effectively it's own zone - you can add rooms or remove rooms (and toggle each room's volume as you wish) at any time through the touch panel or phone app.

Wired speakers?

I wish this stuff was more prevalent when I remodeled. Or that Buzd would have had me future proof more thoroughly. :angryrazz:

Wired speakers?

I wish this stuff was more prevalent when I remodeled. Or that Buzd would have had me future proof more thoroughly. :angryrazz:

we just didn't finish ceilings and walls in our place

extremely convenient.

Drafty, yes. But very convenient. I've wired 8 UE Megabooms throughout the house and just run USB cables. Control it with my phone. Pretty awesome.

Do you really want to irritate workers taking care of your home?

Your neighbors, coworkers, relatives, or boss sure, but your own home?

:scratch:

Wired speakers?

Yes, they're wired - but that was pre-existing in the home that was built in 2006. I didn't have to retrofit for wiring in this renovation. I just updated the speakers and put it all on a more modern, smart platform with Control4.

Do you really want to irritate workers taking care of your home?

Your neighbors, coworkers, relatives, or boss sure, but your own home?

:scratch:

I got a text after they figured it out. The foreman guy said he was in the garage for a while and hadn't heard it. But when he came back in, a couple of the guys were like "dude, what the hell is this music??"

Ha.

I had considered doing that same thing and then I had a Sonos system installed in a clients house at the beach and forever changed my mind.

I can put on Slayer in my kid's room at 7am or play Air Supply for the yard man from the pool house. On Christmas eve, I jacked up some Santa and reindeer sound effects from the pool house so loud it woke up the kid and the neighbor's kid with HOHOHO.

Modern technology is the best! Good use of a smart phone too, btw.

So now the guys working on your house think you have awful taste in music.

Good job?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom