Funniest Sitcom Episode (1 Viewer)

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
What do you think the single funniest sitcom episode is?

not the funniest sitcom overall, not the funniest sitcom character. but whole episode.

Mine is hands down, the Gordon Gartrelle episode of the Cosby Show.

I've seen it probably dozens of times and still crack up every time.

other suggestions?

can someone please embed these? i don't know how to do it. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Three's Company, 'Up in the Air', 1982... And it isn't close.

this is the episode where Jack takes tranquilizers to fly to a party, then does a dance at the party with a plant on his head.

(looking for a clip now)

Arrested Development the one with the $3000 suit, COME ON!!!

I like that Three's Company episode that was about that complete misunderstanding...

Good question.

I really like the Seinfeld where (in classic Seinfeld style where seemingly different storylines of the characters all come together in the end) this happens:

1. George and Kramer find a cheap parking lot. George can't get his car out of the parking lot. He learns that prostitutes are using it. The attendant tells Kramer he can use a pink Cadillac that's in the lot.
2. Susan's friend is the costume guy for the Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat show
3. Kramer wants to borrow the dreamcoat.
4. Elaine has a walking cane that she had to write about the Peterman catalog - she gives it to Kramer.

All of this is on separate threads and then it comes together with Kramer, finally getting to wear the dreamcoat, strutting down the street with Elaine's cane and a fur hat he found - he looks like a pimp in the 70s. He goes to get the pink Cadillac that the attendant let him borrow and there's a prostitute in it. Kramer tries to pull the prostitute out of the car just as the cops pull up - he's in the dreamcoat, with a fur hat and a cane, trying to pull a prostitute out of a pink Cadillac. Classic.

speaking of which-- Friends had some really classic eps: the One where they all went to the beach, Monica gets stung by a jellyfish and Chandler has to pee on her... and the Thanksgiving eps were always solid.

not sure what the name of the episode is, but it's an episode on curb on your enthusiasm where he accuses richard's nurse of stealing the mickey mantle baseball

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom