Funny memes (13 Viewers)

Loved that ride

It was called the Time Machine at Kings Dominion

If I was feeling queasy from too much amusement park junk food that ride would always settle my stomach and I’d feel much better, I know that the last thing most people would do in that situation was get on a ride that spun around really fast but it worked for me
there was this little amusement park in North Arkansas called DogPatch USA ( from the Lil Abner comic) that had a ride like this called the barrel. it literally was a giant barrel that spun around like the Gravitron except there were no seats, just a wooden wall. and when it reached full speed, the floor lowered down, it was awesome. when I rode the gravitation years later, I was not as impressed.
834a70f8ac1c90bedcbea93d7f7f09cd--amusement-park-rides-cedar-point.jpg

there was this little amusement park in North Arkansas called DogPatch USA ( from the Lil Abner comic) that had a ride like this called the barrel. it literally was a giant barrel that spun around like the Gravitron except there were no seats, just a wooden wall. and when it reached full speed, the floor lowered down, it was awesome. when I rode the gravitation years later, I was not as impressed.
I remember the Gravitron raising as it locked in. How would any of them move downward?

I remember riding that years ago. Had completely forgotten about Dogpatch.

That was the Time Machine. Can’t believe I forgot about the floor dropping

The gravitron was more at the traveling fairs not amusement park

Been there!

That was the Time Machine. Can’t believe I forgot about the floor dropping

The gravitron was more at the traveling fairs not amusement park
my family used to vacation around that area, we would go camping in the Ozarks.
probably went to Dogpatch 6 or 7 times over the years, was sad when it closed down.
I went recently, and it seems someone bought it and is doing some construction on the property. my fantasy is someone is gonna rebuild it and reopen it, but I know that'll never happen..
But this is my favorite picture from Dogpatch. my dad looking down Daisey Mae's cleavage..
Screenshot_20230203-070922.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom