Future Saints Training Camps (1 Viewer)

Thank you Mississippi for supporting my "boys."

...Enough with this "let's let Mississippi have some Saints stuff"! The Saints are Louisiana's team, and Louisiana should get the benefits.
Ahem! Excuse me, but my wife and I are season tix holders from Houston. Texas, like Mississippi, has a rabid Saints following. We love Louisiana, and believe me, we pump $$$ into the economy every football season, but please dont forget that the Saints benefit greatly from neighboring states. We've been fans here in Texas long before any storm came.

Mississippi is a loyal friend of the Saints. Lets give them the love they deserve. We all benefit from the relationship.
They may be Louisiana's team, but without the entire Gulfcoast fanbase, they probably wouldn't be for long.
6 hours one way on the road every home game each season. We buy lots of food & souvenirs, gas, and do all the tourist stuff. Thank you.
... I would really like to see them have it at Nothwestern State. I think we desperately need to bring some solidity to fan support in north LA,... NSU is a prime location in terms of it's proximity to major LA cities like Alexandria and Shreveport. ....
I agree with the need to shore up support in NWLA. While I believe Jackson is the best option for TC, I think it would be great if they could at least have scrimmages at NSU. I love Natchitoches.

If I owned the Saints, my last home preseason game would be in Shreveport every year, complete w/ some kind of fan appreciation show/concert/carnival/fireworks extravaganza. I'd make sure players were signing autographs and shaking hands. I'd call it Black n Gold Fest. S' Port fans would forget the Cowgirls, and the season tix waiting list would double. Not to mention all those sales of jerseys & logo merchandise. It would also remind them to visit N.O.
... I promise I want go if you promise you will!!!
We sure do appreciate you MS fans. See you in TC this summer.

MSUSAINTSFAN, how come you never show up at Woodrows? Youre in Houston, right?

Last edited:
I think they should either move it to a more northerly clime or bring it back to Louisiana. Enough with this "let's let Mississippi have some Saints stuff"! The Saints are Louisiana's team, and Louisiana should get the benefits. I hate this semi-closed Jackson schedule. I loved the night practices at Thibodaux.

Correction. Without Mississippi they're San Antonio's team.

I'm from Lafayette and I think having TC in Jackson is okay. I thought it was really cool in '06 with the pre-season games in Jackson and Shreveport. I really think they should do that every year with alternating one LA city and Jackson. It would drum up even more support for the pre-season games since many season ticket holders don't go to those games.

I think they should either move it to a more northerly clime or bring it back to Louisiana. Enough with this "let's let Mississippi have some Saints stuff"! The Saints are Louisiana's team, and Louisiana should get the benefits. I hate this semi-closed Jackson schedule. I loved the night practices at Thibodaux.

You have obviously not seen the hundreds of vehicles with Mississippi car tags containing the thousands of Mississippi fans that are season ticket holders like me coming down every week. The Saints have had Archie, Deuce, Freddy Mac, Norman Hand, and a whole lot of other players from the Magnolia State on the roster. We are neighbors, and we add greatly to the Louisiana economy much more than TC does for us. Why begrudge us a little TC or preseason game love?

I would love for someone like Andrus to check with someone who knows and give us a percentage or total number of Mississippi ticket holders.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom