Gaiman's American Gods finally coming to tv (1 Viewer)

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm extremely excited about this not just because I love the book, but also because Bryan Fuller is one of the best creative minds in TV. Fuller and Gaiman is a pretty incredible match. Casting will be fun to watch.

could be good , one question off topic what ever happened to the tv show powers is it on hulu or amazon?

could be good , one question off topic what ever happened to the tv show powers is it on hulu or amazon?

Its on the Playstation Network and it's terrible. Like really terrible.

dang hate to hear that the storyline seemed like a great idea shame Netflix didn't pick it up

Is anyone watching this? I wasn't familiar with the book, but I caught about 10 minutes of the second episode, just out this week - and I was drawn in by the hyper-stylizing and cinematography.

I decided to go back and watch episode 1 (will watch ep. 2 tonight). I have no idea what the story is, there's this opening sequence about Norse explorers. And then there's sort of quasi-supernatural stuff going on around this guy who is released from prison a few days early because his wife died. That's all I can tell at this point.

I'm still captivated by the style and shooting of the show. It's very slick.

Is anyone watching this? I wasn't familiar with the book, but I caught about 10 minutes of the second episode, just out this week - and I was drawn in by the hyper-stylizing and cinematography.

I decided to go back and watch episode 1 (will watch ep. 2 tonight). I have no idea what the story is, there's this opening sequence about Norse explorers. And then there's sort of quasi-supernatural stuff going on around this guy who is released from prison a few days early because his wife died. That's all I can tell at this point.

I'm still captivated by the style and shooting of the show. It's very slick.
Bryan Fuller did an amazing job making everything look beautiful on Hannibal and has continued that here. I am enjoying it a lot. I haven't read the books so I have a small clue of what is going on, but I'm willing to go along on the long ride with them.

Hope they aren't revealing things too slowly to keep viewers interested.

The book is a great read on belief, lore, and superstition and one of my favorite reads. So far the series is true to the spirit of the book and pretty well done with a modern, stylized adaptation.
Can't miss t.v. for me.

Minor spoiler ========================================================================================================================================================================================================

ᵀʰᵉ ᶜᵒᵐᶦᶰᵍ ᵗᵒ ᴬᵐᵉʳᶦᶜᵃ ˢᶜᵉᶰᵉˢ ᵃʳᵉ ᵐᵉᵃᶰᵗ ᵗᵒ ˢʰᵒʷ ʰᵒʷ ᵗʰᵉ ᵍᵒᵈˢ ᵃʳʳᶦᵛᵉᵈ ʰᵉʳᵉ ʷᶦᵗʰ ᵗʰᵉᶦʳ ᶠᵒᶫᶫᵒʷᵉʳˢ ᵃᶰᵈ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᵇᵉᶫᶦᵉᶠ⋅

I'm loving it so far. I've watched both episodes so far with a Wikipedia page open, which helps me keep track of who's who and what's going on. But it's really well done.

I don't know anything about this series. But when you get sucked up into where babies come from and disappear.... I'm definitely watching the next episode. Then they did it again in episode 2, so I'm on board for episode 3. I loved the vr headset forced head thing for episode 1. Love crazy shows.

Haven't read the books, but the first 2 episodes are amazing.

The book was great. And I actually think the sort of companion book, Ananzi Boys was actually even better in some ways.

I have not see the show yet. Is it only avaialbe on Starz?

My wife read the book. I listened on Audiobook. Waiting to stream the entire season 1 whenever it comes out on whatever platform. Great story and from the descriptions here, seems pretty faithful to the source material.

Neil Gaiman narrated the coming to America portions of the audiobook. Fantastic.

Minor spoiler ========================================================================================================================================================================================================

Maybe this is getting too much into what is coming, but just from my perception of that opening sequence, the Gods were already there (or here, as it were).

Maybe this is getting too much into what is coming, but just from my perception of that opening sequence, the Gods were already there (or here, as it were).

The book definitely addresses it, but it's been so long since I read it that I don't remember if it's blatant exposition or if you just kind of pick it up as you go along through plot and dialogue. But the nature of the gods is definitely very much explained. I won't spoil anything but I will say that if some of the gods seem to have a case of abandonment issues there's a really good reason for it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom