Gaiman's American Gods finally coming to tv (1 Viewer)

So, 3 episodes into season 3 and I'd say it's a lot more focused and diverging from the book (in a good way I feel) Big fan of the novel and enjoying the show immensely.

Renewed for Season 2!

‘American Gods’ Renewed for Season 2 at Starz | TVLine

I'm waiting to binge it so I probably won't revisit this thread until season 1 has aired all episodes. As I understand it, season 1 was written and shot to cover roughly the first 3rd of the book. Based on which episode some characters show up in, they are obviously shifting later parts of the book to occur earlier. I've also read somewhere that Gaiman is considering writing a 'continuation' novel - didn't want to use the word 'sequel' so they can use the material for later seasons (if they happen) for the show.

I found the ending to be a little bit of a letdown, but overall it is a wonderful book.

Gaiman likes a bittersweet ending sometimes. I had the same feeling at the end of Stardust as I did American Gods

I would have preferred they stick to the character in the book but switching actors and changing the character mid stream seems like a bigger mistake than changing him in the first place

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom