Galette video (1 Viewer)

CitySaint

SR is my life!
Reaction score
The spin move is sick...

Sorry for the loop

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0Mkh7r2H2RE" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

you da man...i need people to get on the Galette train.. I expect big things from him this year.

Love the throwback 8ball & MJG beat too :D

when it works the spin move makes people look absolutely silly. the offensive linemen literally look like they are blocking air

but when it doesnt......it completely takes you out of the play.....thats why most defensive coordinators dont like it

not a lot of people can spin like dwight freeney but if galette can perfect this craft, it can be a great tool

maybe but I will have to see it. I was watching some college highlights and most of his big plays come in 3 point. The few clips that he was standing, it looks like he tries to shake and bake past his blocker. Time will tell.

maybe but I will have to see it. I was watching some college highlights and most of his big plays come in 3 point. The few clips that he was standing, it looks like he tries to shake and bake past his blocker. Time will tell.

Yea but that is a comfort thing. In truth, the difference between running from a 2 and a 3 point stance isn't the issue. Yes, if you're anything inside of a 9 tech you need to have your hand on the ground for leverage reasons. You need to get under the pads of the OT. But from a 9 tech, it's more about speed. So as long as he's still getting off the snap as quickly as he does, it shouldn't make a difference.

And for the record... Galette actually rushes mostly from a 4-pt. stance. She he's definitely going to have to retrain his body. Also, he's usually not wider than a 6 or 7 technique. Never seen him really as an Eagle end out in a 9. So my question is more does he have the speed beyond his first few steps to rush from that wide.

I think he does. The dude can clearly rush the passer. He has some moves and great instincts, knows how to use his hands and shoulder lean to slip free of blocks. And most of all his motor NEVER quits. So he's going to be in the mix, without a doubt. I have no idea why anyone would be writing him off at this point.

I'm stoked right now. Martez looked like he was getting chipped a bunch and even looked great dropping into coverage. Junior looked like a STUD. These guys will be a terror next year.

Yea but that is a comfort thing. In truth, the difference between running from a 2 and a 3 point stance isn't the issue. Yes, if you're anything inside of a 9 tech you need to have your hand on the ground for leverage reasons. You need to get under the pads of the OT. But from a 9 tech, it's more about speed. So as long as he's still getting off the snap as quickly as he does, it shouldn't make a difference.

And for the record... Galette actually rushes mostly from a 4-pt. stance. She he's definitely going to have to retrain his body. Also, he's usually not wider than a 6 or 7 technique. Never seen him really as an Eagle end out in a 9. So my question is more does he have the speed beyond his first few steps to rush from that wide.

I think he does. The dude can clearly rush the passer. He has some moves and great instincts, knows how to use his hands and shoulder lean to slip free of blocks. And most of all his motor NEVER quits. So he's going to be in the mix, without a doubt. I have no idea why anyone would be writing him off at this point.

I think if u go back to the Bears game from 2011 u see him at the 9. He beasted that game too ( bears oline tho)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I'm stoked right now. Martez looked like he was getting chipped a bunch and even looked great dropping into coverage. Junior looked like a STUD. These guys will be a terror next year.

Said the same thing on the Will Smith thread. Out of hundreds of plays opposing teams chipped or doubled Smith only a few times. Wilson they doubled or chipped every single time he was in the game. Only problem is Martez couldn't hold up to the run as a 43 end.

Junior was the best defender on the team last season. He is easily our best pass rusher and was our 2nd best defensive end against the run behind Cam. I can not wait to see these two guys on the field for the entire game and at their natural positions.

As for the spin move, he had it perfected going into last season. He has the best motor, highest energy level, best assortment of pass rushing moves and is very underrated against the run. Just think it will be a mistake if we don't lock him up long term before this season.

Travesty he wasn't starting at RDE all season.

CitySaint needs a video showcase award.

I think if u go back to the Bears game from 2011 u see him at the 9. He beasted that game too ( bears oline tho)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I think you're right, I'm sure he was in a 9 from time to time. He uses that really 'coiled' 4-pt. stance, which is more typical of a 9-technique DE. The closer in you are, the more you want to have that inside hand up, ready to fight.

All of my recall though, particularly from this season, was him closer in. I think from a logic standpoint, you'd say the wider JG is, the better. But the fact that he's pretty good with that initial engagement makes you like him in a tighter alignment... but all that means is that he's a pretty complete player.

I think you're right, I'm sure he was in a 9 from time to time. He uses that really 'coiled' 4-pt. stance, which is more typical of a 9-technique DE. The closer in you are, the more you want to have that inside hand up, ready to fight.

All of my recall though, particularly from this season, was him closer in. I think from a logic standpoint, you'd say the wider JG is, the better. But the fact that he's pretty good with that initial engagement makes you like him in a tighter alignment... but all that means is that he's a pretty complete player.

He usually only plays the 9 in obvious passing situations when he is occasionally in the game at RDE. At LDE he mostly lined up at the 7 and in passing situations the DT was pushed out to the 5 gap and Junior used the DT multiple times this season to sucker tackles into blocking down on the tackle thinking Junior was going to stunt. Once the tackle jumped to block down Junior would make his move to the outside. Did it a couple times in the video above.

He usually only plays the 9 in obvious passing situations when he is occasionally in the game at RDE. At LDE he mostly lined up at the 7 and in passing situations the DT was pushed out to the 5 gap and Junior used the DT multiple times this season to sucker tackles into blocking down on the tackle thinking Junior was going to stunt. Once the tackle jumped to block down Junior would make his move to the outside. Did it a couple times in the video above.

Some of those plays were definitely designed stunts... and that's another really good thing about Galette. He has great athleticism and instincts on those stunts. He wraps really well and shoots the gap... turns the corner and gets upfield in a hurry.

Whether he's a starter or situational player, he'll help us this season. He's just too disruptive to keep off the field.

after watching that video, we might not be as far from a good defense as we think,

after watching that video, we might not be as far from a good defense as we think,

Honestly, I think if someone posted a highlight video from last season of the defense... if people viewed it without the context of "worst ranked defense in NFL history", there'd probably be a lot of optimism.

I've said this before, this was a mediocre defense before Spagnuolo got here. I won't include the Super Bowl season when discussing personnel. So the changes from 2010/2011 to 2012 are this:

Added: 2 100+ tacklers at LB. Added one of the league's best run-stopping NTs. Added a Cam Jordan as a 2nd year player--much better than he was as a rookie.

Lost: Tracy Porter.

Do we really think Porter had that big of an impact? That our defense went from mediocre to worst in NFL history?

Scheme/philosophy can transform a unit, for better or worse. I understand the Spagnuolo logic. "Let's install a system that is sustainable and not as gimmicky, high risk/high reward as what GW had." I agreed, was 100% on board. And then I saw how much a rough (very rough) learning curve negatively affected our team.

As a coach, I am NOT a fan of the Buddy Ryan coaching tree... the coaches, the scheme... the philosophy, fine... I like aggression. But regardless of my personal reservations, we have seen that with an aggressive scheme/philosophy on defense, this is a team that was able to win 36 games in 3 seasons. Our defense may never be the most feared, shut-down, dominant defense in the league. But that doesn't mean it can't be aggressive, physical and opportunistic (without all the hyperbolic BS).

The defense is not far off. And I can't wait to watch Rob Ryan get all the credit in the media for "turning this defense around... just phenomenal"... and I'll laugh. I think getting rid of Spagnuolo is as important--if not more--than bringing in Rob Ryan.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom