Gamble: Attempt to lock up Fairley with a 2-4 year deal now or wait? [Old thread bumped] (1 Viewer)

He wouldn't sign an extension anyway. Not unless it was gold plated.

Fairley knows he's going to make big bucks if he plays well this year.

Not sure how that would work cause his current contract is a 3 year deal that has language saying that if he is still on the team March 1st(?) he gets cut.

We have done way too much "locking people up" the last few years only to get screwed over and over. If he plays well and gels with the team they will want him, he will want to be here, and it will work out. If not, the downside is minimal. I am looking forward to seeing if he plays well and earns another contract.

Well let's play Devil's Advocate.

Let's say he kills it. He has a pro bowl year, a monster year - would you want him to be a free agent at the end of this season? So far, it looks probable.

I think OP has a point. Guy has looked amazing so far.

Whoooaaaaaa, slow down, Andretti.

Let's see what the guy can do for a whole year, at least. He's already under contract.

I've been super impressed with Nick on and off the field. At worst, he could be a phenomenal rotation player. This dude is super motivated and standing out.

Even though, he hasn't played a regular season down. Would a modest gamble to extend him while his value is still relatively low. I wonder what ball park he's looking at if he produce a very good season. $4-6 million per year after the season conclude? One good year shouldn't command top dollar, but a decent pay raise obviously.

Can I buy this man a drink??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom