Game 1: Offense lives or Die on Strief vs. Mack? (1 Viewer)

Taker597

Hall-of-Famer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This is super scary match up and I feel could lose the game... What are your thoughts?

Not sure if you have followed some reports about Strief how he played in the last games.

He did actually very well and didn't loose many snaps.
The problem however is that when he lost some snaps did it looked big time.

I wouldn't worry about Mack.

By the time he gets to Brees, Tony Hills will have already sacked Drew.

Good luck Khalil, getting through Drew's Left Tackle chest plate.

Not sure if you've heard of it, but there's this thing called game planning? He won't be completely alone against him on every snap and/or there will be scheme to put Mack in conflict between his responsibilities. Remaining in control of down and distance reduces the predictability of passing downs, which in turn diminished the pass Rusher's ability to severely impact the outcome.

Mack's a player, no doubt, but he's not the decider of this contest.

Mack will also have to get through Kuhn, Johnson, or Josh Hill, and be mindful of the screen.

Stick Kuhn over there. Run the ball effectively then PA them to death.

By the 3rd quarter have them huffing and puffing.

So....in other words, we really need to fix that o-line tonight.

Streif will get plenty of help. Plus, Drew does a solid job avoiding the outside pass rush. It's the inside rush that concerns me the most.

Wouldn't Mack be lined up against the LT?

This is super scary match up and I feel could lose the game... What are your thoughts?

giphy.gif

Strief isn't our weak link this year.

As long as Peats not tripping Zach on every play I'm not too concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have seen Josh Hill whiff of more than a hand full of blocks this preseason, so saying we will have him helping block doesn't give me much confidence.

I am going to go out on a limb and say Mack finishes the day with 2 sacks, and 5 pressures (seems like a reasonable number).

I highly doubt that Mack will be unaccounted for in this game.

Mack v. Armstead is fine
Mack v. Strief + chip block is fine as well.

Like others have said, I see a good amount of 21 personnel with Kuhn in the game. Run towards Mack, chip block Mack, PA pass with action towards Mack.

I have seen Josh Hill whiff of more than a hand full of blocks this preseason, so saying we will have him helping block doesn't give me much confidence.

I am going to go out on a limb and say Mack finishes the day with 2 sacks, and 5 pressures (seems like a reasonable number).

I love Khalil Mack and was high on him at Buffalo long before most were even talking about him. He won't have one sack in this game. Book it!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom