Game ball goes to the defense [merged] (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Pierre you really stepped up today but with the way the offense was going in the first half, it didn't look too great. The D really stepped up and gave the offense more oppurtunites, and held a team with TO and Lee Evans to 7 points. Gregg Williams and the D.... this one is for you!

Last edited:
actually the D allowed 0 points by the Bills Offense, but good post anyway

absolutely, i think today was the most impressive defensive performance i've seen in SP's era. How big is Greg Williams signing?

THANK YOU D, WE JUST GOT REAL!!!

Game ball goes to the Defense!

Wow, what a display today. The defense pitched a shut-out. Only special teams gave up a TD. And the offense did what it had to to win.

And they played smash mouth today. Did anyone hear when Vilma ran into the ref and yelled at him to get out the way?

Geaux Saints!!!

The Defense WON this game today! It made me feel wierd... I actually was more confident in our D than our O. "Thank god our defense is on the field..." lol.

Our running game was excellent, but our defense played very strong!!! It's nice to know that if our Offense sputters, our defense can pick up the slack!!

The D was awesome. I was very pleasantly surprised. They've been making progress every week, but I didn't expect to see them playing team D this well only three weeks into the season. Very happy about the D!!!

Totally agree. The D won today. I know alot of credit will go to our running attack, but giving up zero points is impressive. The coverage and attacking style were just as impressive.

Kudos to GW and the D!!!

Ha! As I drove the 35 miles back to my apartment, I was thinking about the defense and how significant their play was today. This was a mighty battle and our D did everything that was asked of them. They held TO to zero yards , they limited Jackson to 71 yards, they foiled TE's hopes for a touchdown and they made the hard nosed plays that a great, not just good, defense makes.

Well done, boys. You are the stamp on this victory.

Game ball should have went to the DL! Haven't seen them play that well in several years.

Wow, what a display today. The defense pitched a shut-out. Only special teams gave up a TD. And the offense did what it had to to win.

And they played smash mouth today. Did anyone hear when Vilma ran into the ref and yelled at him to get out the way?

Geaux Saints!!!

That's the most physical the defense has played in a long time! They also played well in a close game.

It feels good to talk good about the D. What a performance all around!!

that was the best game so far... And that's saying a lot!!

I agree 100%. Breesus seemed to be a bit off all day so we went with the running game and defense to win. Now teams will know that they cannot overlook any aspect of our game. As I watched this one I was thinking about how long it has been since we played such a defensive, physical game and actually won. There is no way we would have won this game last year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom