Game Ball Goes to the Wide Receivers, Especially Tre'Quan Smith (1 Viewer)

KingNene

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
A lot has been made of the Saints' lack of depth at the wide receiver position. It has been pointed out as a major weak spot for the Saints.

The receivers had a chance to show out today against and boy did they.

Michael Thomas did Michael Thomas things, even though he was double-covered and sometimes triple-covered all game.

Keith Kirkwood showed why the Saints promoted him from the practice squad.

Austin Carr had a nice touchdown reception.

And of course Tre'Quan Smith. Smith had a hell of touchdown catch and had a total of 10 catches (he only had 12 this whole year).

Let's hope this great play can continue.

Best part is, Payton's still got a 6'5" former All-Pro wide receiver he can dust off for this stretch run.

Last edited:
Best part is, Payton's still got a 6'5" former All-Pro wide receiver he got dust off for this stretch run.

I don't think he undeats Smith, Kirkwood, Ginn or Carr...he will get snaps but these guys are fitting in their roles nicely.

I don't think he undeats Smith, Kirkwood, Ginn or Carr...he will get snaps but these guys are fitting in their roles nicely.
I love Marshall for who he has been on AND off the field, but I agree with this sentiment. Marshall has an uphill climb to get on the field, and today Smith and Kirkwood didn’t make it any easier.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom