Game is Blacked out in Cincy... (1 Viewer)

might be true, but still. Your attendance wasn't very good when you were a losing franchise. In this economy if your franchise started going 2-8 (i doubt that would happen though) you might have a game or 2 blacked out. Just saying.

so bein that you are not from new orleans and have likely never been.....how credible are you to make a claim like that?

seeing as how the saints sold their tickets out for the 2006 season.....without any expectations of their team turning around and the tickets are now sold out for the next several years, i cant imagine attendance not being met regardless of how our team may or may not sputter in the coming years

new orleans is not new york.....they dont jump on and off teams when the going gets rough......new orleans and the surrounding areas only have 1 team

might be true, but still. Your attendance wasn't very good when you were a losing franchise. In this economy if your franchise started going 2-8 (i doubt that would happen though) you might have a game or 2 blacked out. Just saying.

lol i almost **** myself laughing. There is a 100% chance your more likely considered a band wagoner then me. I was born and raised on the jets never any other team at any point in my life. I've always been a jet fan.

The Saints sold out all of their games from mid-2000 to 2004 despite only one playoff appearance during that span (in 2000). 2005 was the Katrina year so that doesn't count.

In 2006, before the team was even revealed as being good, the team sold out of season tickets prior to that season and have been sold out ever since with a current waiting list over 50,000 I believe.

New Orleans isn't your typical small market NFL city my friend. The Saints are a part of the city's fabric, almost like a Green Bay-south.

so bein that you are not from new orleans and have likely never been.....how credible are you to make a claim like that?

seeing as how the saints sold their tickets out for the 2006 season.....without any expectations of their team turning around and the tickets are now sold out for the next several years, i cant imagine attendance not being met regardless of how our team may or may not sputter in the coming years

new orleans is not new york.....they dont jump on and off teams when the going gets rough......new orleans and the surrounding areas only have 1 team

No I'm not from new orleans and have never been, but attendance records dont lie. are you aware of how horrible the jets have been from 1970-2000? it was a 30 year span where they were absolutely horrible. yet they sold out every game. matter of fact the 3 longest seel out streaks in the NFL belong to the packers, giants and jets. so how are NY fans bandwagoners? if their 2 franchoses are top 3 for sell out streaks. before the economy tanked the jets and giants both had 20+ years on a waiting list for season tickets. Even during the jets 1-15 season in 1996 it was impossible to get tickets. I'm not knocking NO fans by any means, i'm just stating that If their team tanked it i doubt they would never have a game blacked out. And you can cite 2006 but in 2006 the econmy was much Better then it is now. People don't have the money to spend like they used to.

All I'm saying is i find it tacky to laugh about how the Bengals have a game blacked out. There having a horrible season and i feel bad for their fans and like i said its not like people are rich.

No I'm not from new orleans and have never been, but attendance records dont lie. are you aware of how horrible the jets have been from 1970-2000? it was a 30 year span where they were absolutely horrible. yet they sold out every game. matter of fact the 3 longest seel out streaks in the NFL belong to the packers, giants and jets. so how are NY fans bandwagoners? if their 2 franchoses are top 3 for sell out streaks. before the economy tanked the jets and giants both had 20+ years on a waiting list for season tickets. Even during the jets 1-15 season in 1996 it was impossible to get tickets. I'm not knocking NO fans by any means, i'm just stating that If their team tanked it i doubt they would never have a game blacked out. And you can cite 2006 but in 2006 the econmy was much Better then it is now. People don't have the money to spend like they used to.

All I'm saying is i find it tacky to laugh about how the Bengals have a game blacked out. There having a horrible season and i feel bad for their fans and like i said its not like people are rich.

the economy in new orleans was better in 2006 than it was now?

how the **** can you say that? the entire area was ravaged by the biggest natural disaster in american history......the economy was shot

i live in ohio......dont feel bad for cincy fans....they arent that great

It's one thing to call us tacky for bashing their fans devotion... it's another to say our fans don't attend games.

Should we bash the fans in cincy for not attending - no
Have our fans supported a losing franchise better than most - yes

Organizations need to do a better job of getting buts in the seats, period. Benson did a pretty solid job of that. They have to understand it is a tough time especially in blue collar areas like Cincy where jobs are being shipped away.

And you can cite 2006 but in 2006 the econmy was much Better then it is now. People don't have the money to spend like they used to.

You do realize that 2006 was the year after New Orleans suffered the biggest natural disaster in the history of our country, right?

And you can cite 2006 but in 2006 the econmy was much Better then it is now. People don't have the money to spend like they used to.

Heh, I dont think you have a very good handle on what New Orleans was like in 2006.

And with 19 million people in the area, the Jets damn well better sell out.

Haha that is sad, they're down and out right now, we gotta go in there on their field and not give them any kind of momentum and put the dagger in any kind of hope they have early, like when we went to Tampa Bay and Carolina this year :rock:

ochocinco
My level of pisstivity is at an all time high,with there being 10 levels of mad on the pisstification meter, I'm a 8,game is blacked out Sun

ochocinco
Who is responsible for these mishaps when the games don't sell out, when soccer clubs aren't doing well their games still sell out, ***!!!!

might be true, but still. Your attendance wasn't very good when you were a losing franchise. In this economy if your franchise started going 2-8 (i doubt that would happen though) you might have a game or 2 blacked out. Just saying..

unpossible....

Season Tix sold out. And I would imagine that the number of season tix = blackout number minimum needed.

in all fairness if your team won 10 games and took the diviosn, then the next year was 2-9 through 11 games i'm sure your fan base would dwindle. as would pretty much all teams.

In even more all fairness, its cold as Hillary up there right now

The NFL is a tough league, man, and that's why it's amazing what some teams have been able to do for years at a time - remain competitive and near the top.

2-9 plus mid 30's with possible snow and rain does not work well with people....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom