Game Observations (1 Viewer)

UFCSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Just a few observations from the game:

1. Drew looked sharp. Accurate and had some zip on his passes. Best he he looked so far this year IMO
2. Armstead and Peat take turns every year seeing who can miss the most plays due to injuries
3. Marcus Williams has to be the worst tackler on this team
4. Tired of miscues in the secondary. That backfield is too seasoned and too far into the season to continue getting their wires crossed on long plays
5. Kamara is so fun to watch. I was against that big contract but willing to say I was wrong at this point.
6. If Callaway is not too seriously injured I think he has earned the #3 receiver spot. He obviously gets open easier than Smith can.
7. Demario Davis and Cam Jordan somehow turned really old between last season and this season. Both (esp Cam) are almost non-existent.
8. How did this defense get so bad so fast? Wondering if the disappearance of the two defensive mainstays I just mentioned has anything to do with that.
9. That sack was huge. Davenport may have won that game by himself with that play. I was amazed at how much leg that kicker got into that kick. However, I do think Drew could've marched down the field for the go-ahead field goal though but thankfully we will never know.

TQS had a great game today tho, he's actually had a great year so far.

Plus Davis has played good this year best player on D along w/ Hendrickson, today he and Hendrickson were ghost but the whole D squad was so there's that.

Teddy looked great today - not so down on Marcus as I am CJC. I did not think I would hope to be seeing PJ back in but CJC looked bad all game long. Hopefully he can shake it off but we were actually having to go back to a 3 LB base defense just to shake his stink off for awhile.

As long as Davenport looks like he's looking, I'm buying this Saints D - Cam will come around.

Carolina has the makings of a good tough team. Not Uber talented but they’re scrappy and well coached. Teddy is good and I find it difficult to not like him even against the Saints. They’re already better than Atlanta and took us and Tampa to the last drive.

Personally I was worried of losing AJ Klein. Not the greatest athlete but the smartest man on that defense during his time here. Anzalone...good quickness but he needs to be coached. Second was losing Vonn Bell. He was always at the right place at the right time. Didn't get enough credit sometimes. Mistakes was signing Jenkins. He isn't the main reason for the bad defense, but team chemistry is lacking with him back.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom