Game of the Week: Jets-Saints (CNN SI) (1 Viewer)

I like that he picks the saints to win, but that score is too close for my comfort.

Plus he lost me when he says our DBs & INT #s are inflated because of who we've played. We didnt make the schedule.

Simply put, the very design of those types of plays is to a.) make up for a Saints offensive line that leaves much to be desired

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/adam_duerson/10/02/jets.saints/#ixzz0SqwKGyOm
Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription

I just stopped reading right there. The Saints have two of the best guards in football and a pro bowl left tackle (I know he's hurt but the reporter was talking about the design of the offense, not just specific to this year). I really do wish these guys would do a little research before printing this stuff.

Simply put, the very design of those types of plays is to a.) make up for a Saints offensive line that leaves much to be desired

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/adam_duerson/10/02/jets.saints/#ixzz0SqwKGyOm
Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription

I just stopped reading right there. The Saints have two of the best guards in football and a pro bowl left tackle (I know he's hurt but the reporter was talking about the design of the offense, not just specific to this year). I really do wish these guys would do a little research before printing this stuff.

I'm with with you. They act like Brees is the only reason why he is the least sacked qb in the league. It is a team effort. When one weak link can't hold it up it makes everyone else go down like dominos. We saw it in Buffalo last week but it made us stronger. I will admit that sometimes Brees cadence on the line and his ability to bait the defense into thinking they have him on a blitz is key. However, i noticed on a play last week that even meachem had a good block. Unsung heroes but there is a reason for the marine cadences before the game. The Saints go to war together. We have a good team, staff, and waterboy..period..

I think the important thing to take away from this is that for the Saints to beat the Jet's defense they just need to run the outlet plays they already have installed, but for the Jet's D to come out on top they have to come up with some new and surprising scheme that confuses Drew Brees. Which is more likely to be effective?

I also think this guy kind of underrates the nfc south in general. Yes the south is in a down year overall(except for us) but this offense was built to take on stout defenses like the Panthers and Bucs of old.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom