Game Preview (1 Viewer)

Don't think we don't respect the talent and coaching that the Eagles have, if you do, you will be overlooking us. However, you too need to look at the talent and coaching that we have as well.

There comes a time when a team reaches the point that they realize their talent and develop a certain attitude where they go on a mission and will not be swayed from the task at hand and refuse to back down or accept less than perfection and that is what the Eagles will see this Sunday.

The Saints WILL win this game in a fashion that will startle some and shock others but the Eagles will score no more than 17 points and actually I only believe they will score only 10 points and the Saints will score between 35 to 42 points. Still, that will not lessen my respect for the Eagles but teams had better start recognizing what the Saints have become too and show some respect.

That's reasonable........ I've seen some predictions (on SR) this week of us scoring 40+ and that just ain't likely.

Neither was putting 51 on what everyone was calling the best secondary in the league last season.

Sound familiar?

The article was a pretty good read, but I'm not sure how you can dismiss the enormitude of your starting quarterback having virtually zero NFL experience and expecting him to dominate any defense. He was 7 of 11 for 23 yards in a quarter and a half of play last week and scored no points!

Let's look at your savior's body of work from from last week (against a demoralized Panther defense):

start at own 28, 3 plays, 6 yards, punt
start at own 20, 6 plays, 26 yards, fumble
start at own 20, 3 plays, 4 yards, punt
start at car 42, 9 plays, 9 yards, blocked fg
start at car 47, 5 plays, net of 0 yards after Kolb sacked on 4th down

Is this what we're supposed to be afraid of?

You can't even compare his inexperience to Stafford from last week.. Stafford at least had an entire training camp worth of reps with his first string.. Kolb likely had none! How is he gonna instantly develop timing with all his receivers, something that normally takes years!

I don't see it.. sorry. :idunno:

Nicely written blog....I give you props for that....but....where is the beef?.....let me quote a few nuggets from your blog:

>>>The center of attention is going to be Kevin Kolb. How will he do in his first career start? All joking aside, we have no idea. I do think the situation sets up nicely for him. The Saints D isn't on par with the Giants, Ravens, or anyone like that.<<<

The not so misterious mystery in this game will feature your team running the ball,.....just to take off the pressure of your QB.... but may I ask you, do you know what the streght of the Saints D is??....I got news for you...is stopping the run! Our front 4 are excellent run stoppers, not so much pass rushers as they are a bit slow, I agree....but both W Smith & C GRANT ARE WELL ABOVE AVERAGE RUN STOPPERS! Our LBs are playing very well against the run, they fill the gap nicely and make tons of plays....and running Westbrook to the outside won't work either! C Grant & W Smith are darn good in sealing the outside, thus forcing the ballcarrier to the inside, into the waiting arms of our DTs & LBs. If I'm sure of anything, is.... we will stop the run!

And if your team has problems running the ball......then what? What will they do on 3rd & long?....run??? Hardly! Especially if they fall behind early!

If I am to guess is Andy Reid will never changes his philosophy. And running the ball excessively is just not Eagles football......so I expect a healthy dose for throwing the ball downfield from the very beginning.....question is...is your boy up to it? By your own admission....you have no idea!

Now let me indulge you with an alternative thinking......the Saints are darn good offensively....they will put up 21 points on anybody...including your team. My question to you is....how many times will your team be forced to punt on 4 downs? I got news for you....Brees will make them pay, if you keep giving him oportunities with the ball. I fully expect Brees & the Saints to score 10 more points on those "gift" punts.......which will put the points total the Saints offense will score to about 31 points.......again....can your boy hang with us?....Time will tell, but pardon me if I'm not buying into your hype.....

So Kolb is so good he has no career TD passes and the eagles hurried to sign Garcia?? SHOUNDS LIKE A WINNER!! I hope they break this dud in half!!!

I have a question about the blog (which I did enjoy reading, BTW). Here's a quote I thought was interesting:

The offense is built on a power run game, but features a lot of passing. Last week the Saints had 35 run plays and 34 passes. That came with their top RB hurt and the explosive Reggie Bush not running well. Coach Payton loves balance. He really puts pressure on the defense to cover the whole field and every player. NO will throw downfield. They throw out wide. They run up the middle and off the edge. They are so effective because all this is done in the flow of the offense and they have the players to execute such a dynamic attack.

This paragraph really jumped out at me. What do you guys think of these assertions?

The follow up...
Saints Denied!!! (50 points, that is)
Posted by Tommy Lawlor at 5:00 PM

SAINTS 48
EAGLES 22

Bad game. Sloppy game. We all wondered if Kevin Kolb and the offense would be good enough for us to win. We figured the defense would be beaten by Brees and the Saints, but would keep things under control. STs pointed in our favor based on the opening week.

That's why they play the games.

Kolb throws for 391 yards and a pair of TDs. The defense gives up 440 yards and 41 points. The STs has costly penalties over and over and a fumbled KOR leads to an easy TD for New Orleans.

Give the Saints a lot of credit. They made big play after big play. Brees was terrific, as usual. I hated our defensive strategy. We tried to rely on the front four to bring pressure most of the time. The Saints blocked well and Brees had enough time to pick us apart.

Kolb played well. He looked like an NFL QB. He was poised in the pocket, ran the offense, and threw the ball well. Any questions about his arm strength should be over now. He did have 3 INTs. One came on the final play and was simply a case of him heaving the ball downfield. The other 2 were costly, but they were typical of a young QB. Adjusting to the speed of the game and dealing with veteran defenders isn't something that you get without experience.
http://eaglesblitz.blogspot.com/2009/09/saints-denied-50-points-that-is.html

ng64bn.gif

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom