Game weather (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Chicago weather for Sunday, high 39 with 30-40 mph gusts. Game starts at the high then goes down. Could feel like 20s.
Good news is defense should look better. Bad news is Saints O's passing advantage over Bears' passing O will be eliminated.

Chicago weather for Sunday, high 39 with 30-40 mph gusts. Game starts at the high then goes down. Could feel like 20s.
Good news is defense should look better. Bad news is Saints O's passing advantage over Bears' passing O will be eliminated.

Given how both teams have played, I actually think a windy day plays to our advantage. Our O doesn’t rely on the deep passing game at all (some would say its virtually nonexistent) whereas the Bears’ best chance to score would be deep balls and coverage busts.

In a grind-it-out game, I like our chances.

Given how both teams have played, I actually think a windy day plays to our advantage. Our O doesn’t rely on the deep passing game at all (some would say its virtually nonexistent) whereas the Bears’s best chance to score would be deep balls and coverage busts.

In a grind-it-out game, I like our chances.
Let’s hope so, but Bears are practicing in cold all bundled up. Saints are not. Long history of warm weather dome teams screwing the pooch in the cold.

Run the ball! :)

Let’s hope so, but Bears are practicing in cold all bundled up. Saints are not. Long history of warm weather dome teams screwing the pooch in the cold.

This game worked out okay.

Payton has gotten pretty good at adjusting to the elements over his career.

It's still a few days out, but I'll put my initial forecast below. The models aren't perfect this far out and it looks to be initializing a degree below current observed temp and a few knots low compared to the current winds. That is this particular model run so timing and intesity can change by kickoff, but this is a good start.

Kickoff:
Sky condition: Mostly Cloudy with ceiling at 4,500 feet.
Winds: NW @ 17MPH gusting to 42MPH
Temperature: 40-41F
Wind Chill: 27-28F

2nd Half Kickoff:
Sky condition: Partly Cloudy
Winds: NW @ 20MPH gusting to 43MPH decreasing to 35MPH gusts by the end of the game.
Temperature: 39-40F
Wind Chill: 25-27F

I don't worry about the weather as much as I used to. The team as currently constructed travels better than in years past. A good ground game travels. A good run defense travels. The wind should hurt Foles more than Brees.

I think we'll win if the Secondary can know their assignments and play sound football. Make Foles beat you by sustaining drives and executing. Don't give up 60 or 70 yard TD passes on blown coverages. Make him earn it.

Straight from Payton this AM:

What are some of the things to prepare for in the outdoor environment in Chicago?

"I think that the surface, it's hard to simulate that relative to the Bermuda grass that we have here, there's some wind today which is perfect, because we're going to have a pretty gusty day. The forecast is calling for the low 40's with a fair amount of win. It's (Soldier Field) right off the lake (Michigan) there, but I think that the footing, the outdoor conditions have always played a factor in games always played there."

It's Sean Payton's hometown, where he played Arenaball and for the replacement Bears, so he probably has a handle on preparing for a chilly (but not /real/ cold) Soldier Field.

Since we might not have our top 3 receivers...just add a couple more backs on active roster & run the wishbone ;)

Brees, Kamara, Cook, Taysom Hill, Tay-Train, TQS, Deonte Harris, Trautman, Josh Hill, and a less than 100% Callaway (who I bet plays)... and could possibly see Ty Montgomery return, and/or Juwan Johnson get his first game action... The Saints are still dangerous

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom