Game weather (1 Viewer)

Those kind of winds could also impact STs Deonte will have to track the ball well on returns, esp on punts, and secure the ball. FG kicking from long distance may also be a problem. Hopefully, the O will rely less on Lutz, by scoring a few more TDs.

The Bears offense is pathetic. David Montgomery couldn't punch himself out of a wet paper bag and Nick Foles is likely to throw an INT on almost every throw.

The Saints should not lose to the Bears.

Strange that someone with the screen name "onanygivensunday" would be acting so dismissive about another team's chances. Particularly one with a winning record.

My take is that all that really matters in this game is handling their pass rush. If we keep Brees comfortable he can pick them apart and control the ball. I don't think the Bears' offense is good enough to win a game in the high 20's but they could definitely win a low scoring one, especially if we turn it over due to pressure.

Those kind of winds could also impact STs Deonte will have to track the ball well on returns, esp on punts, and secure the ball. FG kicking from long distance may also be a problem. Hopefully, the O will rely less on Lutz, by scoring a few more TDs.

And, hopefully, SP learned his lesson in the playoff game in Chicago of NOT attempting a LONG FG, and turning momentum totally around with the big change in field position when the FG was missed!!!

This weather should help the Saints. Chicago has a pathetic run game and Foles stinks at throwing screens. If the D-Line keeps pressure on Foles it should be hard for him to generate sustainable drives. From my experience of watching Foles he is excellent at quick strike drives but struggles mightily with putting together long, slow plodding ones.

Yes, & I remember the stories of the groundskeepers intentionally mucking up the field prior to important games to give them advantages if the other team didn't have the right cleats on. Not sure how true that was .. but i dont doubt it.

Yes, & I remember the stories of the groundskeepers intentionally mucking up the field prior to important games to give them advantages if the other team didn't have the right cleats on. Not sure how true that was .. but i dont doubt it.
kind of liek that time the 49ers field (candlestick) flooded like 3 days before the playoff game due to a sprinkler malfunction . convenient.

Straight from Payton this AM:

What are some of the things to prepare for in the outdoor environment in Chicago?

"I think that the surface, it's hard to simulate that relative to the Bermuda grass that we have here, there's some wind today which is perfect, because we're going to have a pretty gusty day. The forecast is calling for the low 40's with a fair amount of win. It's (Soldier Field) right off the lake (Michigan) there, but I think that the footing, the outdoor conditions have always played a factor in games always played there."

A fair amount of win.

Strange that someone with the screen name "onanygivensunday" would be acting so dismissive about another team's chances. Particularly one with a winning record.
Did you not watch the Bears -Rams game last week?

The Bears offense is pathetic. And yes, the Bears could win on "any given Sunday" but they won't this Sunday. Am I being dismissive?... perhaps a bit.

Imo, the only way the Bears beat the Saints on Sunday is if the Saints turn the ball over at least 3 times and the Bears don't turn the ball over at all. It's possible, but highly unlikely.

kind of liek that time the 49ers field (candlestick) flooded like 3 days before the playoff game due to a sprinkler malfunction . convenient.

Yeah, the 49ers were crappy and sheetty people to do it but even if true, there far from being close to the first and even along with the Bears, their tendencies to do it shamelessly and deliberately isn't nearly as bad historically as Steelers, Raiders in old Alameida-Coliseum in the 60s and 70s in big, playoff games with stadium being below sea level and soaking up rain after thunderstorms, Dolphins in old Orange Bowl, and even Belicheck's Patriots of the 2000s in extremely cold, frigid snowy postseason games.

Did you not watch the Bears -Rams game last week?

The Bears offense is pathetic. And yes, the Bears could win on "any given Sunday" but they won't this Sunday. Am I being dismissive?... perhaps a bit.

Imo, the only way the Bears beat the Saints on Sunday is if the Saints turn the ball over at least 3 times and the Bears don't turn the ball over at all. It's possible, but highly unlikely.

I don't know how long you have been watching NFL, but it's not uncommon for a team to play completely different just a mere week after playing like complete crap.

Also let's not pretend our defense doesn't have the potential to be a fix for an offensively-challenged team.

For the record, I hope you're exactly right....... But this post is giving me flashbacks to that idiotic "guys we have a bye week, it's called the Vikings" thread that popped up shortly before our wild card game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom