Game winning drives less than two minutes (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Ive been thinking about this situation in games like this for several years now.

The situation we were in today where you are down less than a score, you have the ball and less than 2 minutes left. Traditionally they say you just have to worry about scoring and eating clock is lagniappe. But how many times has the other team been in that situation, scored too quick and given Drew the ball back only to lose. And he isn't the only one. I think the fact that you turn it into a given that you get 4 downs instead of 3 makes it where almost any QB average or better is going to drive it down a high percentage of time in that setting. It feels like with the game being so geared toward offense these days that you have to worry about eating the clock just as much as scoring. I knew we had scored too quick the same way I know when the other team has and in doing so gives Drew another shot. They have made the rules to give offense such advantages now, that when you get that game winning score, the first thing you do is look at the clock and your heart sinks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom