Game Winning Sack (1 Viewer)

He deserved that. Showed up at just the right time. Honestly if the dang turf wasn't so slippery he might have had a couple more yesterday.

Truth be told, it was sort of a coverage sack. So credit also to a beleaguered secondary.

But yes, Davenport came through.
Holy moley, next you'll be telling us that the different parts of the team and their combined efforts are somehow... connected.

Talk about faint praise. It was a well executed twist/game by the defensive front. I've been a DB and a DB coach and I wouldn't ever have the nerve to call that a coverage sack.

Last edited:
Hard to say.. in post game Bridgewater said they had a perfect play call and it might have been a TD if he could have got the pass away.

Huge play by two-firsts.

Maybe. He had Curtis Samuel 1 on 1 with Lattimore running a post. It was a cover-1 blitz with Marcus Williams sitting at the sticks to help Demario who was 1 on 1 with Robbie.

5frR6jg.jpg

Samuel definitely beat Lattimore to the inside but he wasn't beat terribly, I think it would have been a close play. It needed to be blocked up perfectly for him to even have a chance to throw this ball, but like I said he was in Davenports arms within 2 seconds of taking the snap. He had zero chance. It was a beautiful play design. Anzalone and Jenkins occupied the guard and tackle and Davenport stunted inside to create the switch onto the halback.

It was not sort of a coverage sack. It was 3rd and 11 and Bridgewater was in Davenports arms in 2 seconds of receiving the snap.
Yeah, Davenport has been playing like a madman

If you have the last two games on DVR, go back and just watch him - he's flying all over the place and even when he doesn't win the individual battle he's non-stop motor and you can tell he's giving the tackles fits trying to keep him out of the play. It's like trying to keep a massive, excited dog from running out of your yard - just dipping and dodging and charging.

I hope he can be more durable this year, because god knows we need him late.

Maybe. He had Curtis Samuel 1 on 1 with Lattimore running a post. It was a cover-1 blitz with Marcus Williams sitting at the sticks to help Demario who was 1 on 1 with Robbie.

5frR6jg.jpg

Samuel definitely beat Lattimore to the inside but he wasn't beat terribly, I think it would have been a close play. It needed to be blocked up perfectly for him to even have a chance to throw this ball, but like I said he was in Davenports arms within 2 seconds of taking the snap. He had zero chance. It was a beautiful play design. Anzalone and Jenkins occupied the guard and tackle and Davenport stunted inside to create the switch onto the halback.

Yeah, wow... looking at that , he definitely has the inside leverage and the high safety is still leaning forward and looking into the backfield. If he gets that pass off clean, its a good chance it's a TD -- only because Latt has seemed to struggle on the 1 on 1 deep balls.

So glad Davenport got there.

It was not sort of a coverage sack. It was 3rd and 11 and Bridgewater was in Davenports arms in 2 seconds of receiving the snap.

Here is the video: 8:08 mark. (Video above also. I was searching for it and was making this post.) You have to click into YouTube to watch.

From the snap to the sack was about 2.5 seconds. (He was a dead duck at about 1.8 seconds.) You are correct, that was not a coverage sack. Teddy had ZERO time to make a throw.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom