Game Winning Sack (1 Viewer)

Yeah, Davenport has been playing like a madman

If you have the last two games on DVR, go back and just watch him - he's flying all over the place and even when he doesn't win the individual battle he's non-stop motor and you can tell he's giving the tackles fits trying to keep him out of the play. It's like trying to keep a massive, excited dog from running out of your yard - just dipping and dodging and charging.

I hope he can be more durable this year, because god knows we need him late.

I think that's our realistic hope for this D - that Davenport and a few others on the D line stay healthy and really come on the second half of the season. Even Sheldon Rankins is starting to look like he might be getting back some of that pre-injury burst.

I didn’t have my glasses on and initially thought the thread title was “Winning Games Sucks” and I thought I accidentally clicked on a Falcons forum.

:hihi:

Last edited:
I think that's our realistic hope for this D - that Davenport and a few others on the D line stay healthy and really come on the second half of the season. Even Sheldon Rankins is starting to look like he might be getting back some of that pre-injury burst.
Rankins looks lean. I'm curious to know how much he is down from previous years - but he looks noticeably slimmer and quicker.

i hate that they are keeping the big guns on the sidelines but i actually think it's smart. if we are going to win the Super Bowl. We need Davenport in the playoffs.

Here is the video: 8:08 mark. (Video above also. I was searching for it and was making this post.) You have to click into YouTube to watch.

From the snap to the sack was about 2.5 seconds. (He was a dead duck at about 1.8 seconds.) You are correct, that was not a coverage sack. Teddy had ZERO time to make a throw.

Wow. Look at the play at the 1 minute mark. Bridgewater makes a great play evading a blitzing CGJ and finding the open receiver. But Davenport is shoved in the back to the ground and then kinda somersaults to his feet to continue his pursuit. Great effort and agility by that big guy!

At the 3:16 mark in the video, Brees had a pretty effortless pass that traveled about 34 yards in the air to Deonte Harris. Ball was launched between the hashmarks at the 50, caught at the 25 about 3 yards from the sideline. That is about 34 air yards and looked easy. The man is not washed up.

To be fair, all of the hate for Davenport has been about his availability, not his performance.

Is it ok if I am both happy for him and frustrated he isn't available to make these plays in more games?

Or do I have to a Skip Bayless like extremist opinion?

I’m with you on this take at this point after what we have seen. If we can start to get some dang consistent pressure up front it will help out everywhere else for sure.

Need to be head hunters and game changers on this team. Where is that monster mentality. Like how Rams played last night. Str8t rough riders, got mentality missing 🤦🏾‍♂️

I'm glad the foot injury doesn't seem to be affecting him much, which I think was everyone's main worry before the season started. I'm actually very encouraged by what I've seen from him. Now, if he can just stay on the field a while, this guy is going to be something special.

It's a well designed blitz. Saints rush 5 and Davenport stunts so that the RB has to pick him up. A back on a man like Davenport is a huge mismatch, and Davenport took full advantage.

Need to be head hunters and game changers on this team. Where is that monster mentality. Like how Rams played last night. Str8t rough riders, got mentality missing 🤦🏾‍♂️

It's almost like the players have lost faith in what there doing out there. Lol

Was anyone shocked they didn't try to get the first down on 4th and 19? I was.

Like to know the % on both those situations, 4th and 19 and a 65 yard FG. Given the fact no one has ever made a 65 yard FG in NFL history, I have to think the percentages favored going for it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom