Gameday Traffic (1 Viewer)

Simo

Veteran
Reaction score
Hey guys.

I've been a season ticket holder since 2006. (Section 633, Row 18 Seats 5 and 6) I live in Shreveport and drive down for the games. We've missed a few games here and there, but we've been to most of them over this time period. Sometimes the wife and I stay with some of her family in town, sometimes we just make a day trip of it.

This season, the traffic coming into town has been worse than it has ever been before. Yesterday, I was able to see the dome at about 1:15, but traffic was so heavy that I barely made it to my seat before kickoff. Traffic was also bad (but not this bad) for the Lions game.

Does anybody know what's up? Is it always like this when there's bad weather? (I don't think I'd been to any rainy-weather games until this year.)

Anybody got some tips for beating the traffic coming in from the west?

closing Canal @ Broad at 2pm on gameday for some stupid parade is the height of insanity

Yeah park farther away from the dome and walk 5-10 blocks. I exited on the carrolton exit and navigated to south of the dome(Used GPS). Once I crossed under I-10, I found the first parking lot and paid to park and walked to the Dome. I was exiting at about 1:30pm and made it to the dome by 2:00p. I parked at the Howard Ave. Parking garage. I forget the address. Easy in and easy out and didn't have much trouble getting back on to I-10 after the game.

I left for the dome from Metairie at about 1 and parked by 1:15 on claiborne. I hit airline to Tulane.

if I-10 gets backed up, you might consider exiting at williams, jumping over to airline and then taking earhart into the city.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom