Games of the XXXII Olympiad - Tokyo 2021 (1 Viewer)

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
2020 Summer Olympic games set to begin in Tokyo, with opening ceremonies July 23, 2021. These games will forever be remembered as happening a year late due to the global Covid pandemic. And there remains a significant chance for disruptions or even cancellation due to the resurgence of Covid associated with the new variants.

NBC, as usual, will broadcast the games across their platforms. Maybe the games will help bring some much-needed unity to the United States and the world. USA! USA!

good thread chuck - marsha, missed your chance

i really hope NBC follows espn's early lead and just broadcasts ambient noise - i think Fox's using canned crowd noise, is no bueno
Asian competitions are obviously a challenge to follow in real time (i can't see me setting my alarm like it did for the Japan/Korea world cup), this probably means even more curated drama vs uncut competition, but hopefully the minor nbc channels will just show the competition on time delay or something

Am I the only one hoping the basketball team gets beat every game? Other than 1992, I just don't like sending professionals to the olympics.

another event devoid of spectators. Will be odd not hearing the cheering during certain events ( swim, soccer etc )

i really hope NBC follows espn's early lead and just broadcasts ambient noise - i think Fox's using canned crowd noise, is no bueno
Asian competitions are obviously a challenge to follow in real time (i can't see me setting my alarm like it did for the Japan/Korea world cup), this probably means even more curated drama vs uncut competition, but hopefully the minor nbc channels will just show the competition on time delay or something

My bad is that Marsha’s thing?

Curses! But you see, it had already fallen quite far down which is why I hadn't seen it earlier, which is what I was afraid of.

I do have a funny little anecdote. My husband told me that the "rumor" is that Drew's already in Tokyo. Me, forgetting that he works for NBC now, asked what his connection to the Olympics was? What sport is going to be competing in? And he responded, Archery.

Of course. Of course he could compete in archery. How could I be so stupid?

Last edited:
My bad is that Marsha’s thing?
No, I'm glad you did, SC. I was going to sooner or later if no one else had. I just don't think too many people are even paying attention yet.

Or care at all, based on some of the comments.

This is what gets me. Like, I mean, I know we'll see every time Simone gets her foot wrapped or blows her nose; but we won't see much of the rest of the team. I'm gonna have to be scouring other sources to see everything I really want to.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom