Games of the XXXII Olympiad - Tokyo 2021 (4 Viewers)

Anybody else watching NBC? I guess it may be the closing and hand off to Paris 2024. Pretty spectacular photography taking place.

Anybody else watching NBC? I guess it may be the closing and hand off to Paris 2024. Pretty spectacular photography taking place.
It had its moments for sure. The version of La Marseillaise was pretty good.

I'm not sure what, if any particular, sport I'm looking to follow, more than before I'm at least somewhat paying attention to the Paralympics.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what, if any particular, sport I'm looking to follow, more than before, I'm at least somewhat paying attention to the Paralympics.
Goalball is the best. Blind people with ninja skills.

I'm not sure what, if any particular, sport I'm looking to follow, more than before I'm at least somewhat paying attention to the Paralympics.
Honestly, I have always wondered how Paralympics can create 'fair' events for most of the competitions. It seems that too many disabilities can vary greatly as to the level of disadvantage one competitor has over another. For example, does a swimmer with one arm have the same disadvantage as a swimmer with only one leg? I guess I've never watched enough of the Paralympics to know how they create the list of competitors for a given sport/event.

Or how about this... would they allow the 100 meter dash to have runners wearing spring feet to go up against a runner who is disabled with blindness or ED?

:hmm: How do they create a level playing field in Paralympic events? Or is it even about winning anymore? :scratch:

Bumping this thread since it involves 2 recent olympians. Hunter Woodhall and Tara Davis are engaged. She's just adorable.

I haven't seen much of him to know his personality but SHE is magnetic!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom