Games of the XXXII Olympiad - Tokyo 2021 (1 Viewer)

I have to say, when Rapinoe stepped up to take the decisive PK an overwhelming calm came over me. I had been on pins and needles since the 85th minute, but it was like watching Morten Andersen come out to hit a game winning field goal
And like the Great Dane, she hammered it home w/ authority...

I have to say, when Rapinoe stepped up to take the decisive PK an overwhelming calm came over me. I had been on pins and needles since the 85th minute, but it was like watching Morten Andersen come out to hit a game winning field goal
I had the same feeling in 92 WC when Roberto Baggio stepped to the spot.

Then everything changed for me regarding PKs. I can never be calm again during PKs to the point that i will simply not watch.

She and Press both just erased the previous 60 minutes from their minds
It was impressive

Wait…you don’t watch pks?
not many. I did watch Eng v Italy in final since neither of those teams were "mine" per se but for several of the pks in Euros i didnt watch. Spain, Swiss etc.

US and Swiss - will not watch live. ill follow on Twitter or refresh here lol. I feel their pressure. Cannot explain it but i literally lock up. Not exactly sure why but when its for country, yeah i feel their pressure.

not many. I did watch Eng v Italy in final since neither of those teams were "mine" per se but for several of the pks in Euros i didnt watch. Spain, Swiss etc.

US and Swiss - will not watch live. ill follow on Twitter or refresh here lol. I feel their pressure. Cannot explain it but i literally lock up. Not exactly sure why but when its for country, yeah i feel their pressure.
Did you watch Hartley’s overtime kick in the NFCCG?

So I was watching the story about Annie Lazor who won a bronze medal 3 months after she lost her dad and decided to look up his obit. I thought not only was it a great obit, but I include it here as he was a Boilermaker so most assuredly he was also a Drew Brees fan!

"David Joseph Lazor
Beverly Hills, Michigan

Dave died suddenly at home on April 25, 2021. David is the beloved husband of Stacey for twenty-nine wonderful years, loving father of Devin Lazor of Dallas, Texas; Annie Lazor of Bloomington, Indiana; and Nathaniel Lazor of Ann Arbor, Michigan. David is also survived by his sister, Linda Lazor of Los Altos, California and his step-mother Nancy Lazor of Glenshaw, Pennsylvania. He is preceded in death by his parents, Joseph Lazor and Nancy Duggin.

Dave was born in Cincinnati, Ohio and his family lived there for several years before moving to his beloved Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He spent his boyhood riding his bike up the steep hills, and playing Little League and basketball. His mother adored him and told her grandchildren that with a few more inches, he would certainly have played in the NBA. He attended North Allegheny High School and seemed to bump into fellow Tigers wherever he went. Dave was a proud Purdue Boilermaker and member of Beta Theta Pi, where he made many lifelong, faithful friends. Always the optimist, Dave cheered on his Boilers on the football field and basketball court and was never disappointed in the losses, but was ”just glad they were competitive”. A born engineer, Dave was a transformational thinker in his business dealings and in his personal life. He dreamed big and but also thought through all the small details. He had an uncanny sense of direction and unparalleled ability to pack a minivan.

Though an engineer’s engineer, Dave was the most romantic guy on the planet. When he and Stacey began dating, he earned the nickname “Dave the Wonder Date” for his elaborately planned dates, over-the-top gifts, and incredibly thoughtful gestures. These qualities persisted throughout their 29-year marriage. A devoted and selfless partner, Dave opened every door, washed every dish, and took on every dreaded household task. Though their years were cut short, Stacey feels astonishingly lucky that he chose her. She knows beyond a shadow of a doubt that she was deeply, deeply loved.

Dave became a Christian in his high school years. His grasp of profound theological issues and his ability to both articulate and live the love of Christ drew so many people to God, including his wife. He lived a life of humble service, caring for neighbors as well as strangers, feeding the homeless in shelters, providing technology for under resourced students, mowing lawns, shoveling driveways and silently just showing up. To honor his own father’s legacy, Dave rang the bells for the Salvation Army every year. He had a profoundly earnest desire to live a life pleasing to God and was truly happiest when he was serving others and doing good in the world. His openhanded service and crazy generosity flowed out of his gratitude for God’s abundant blessings in his own life.

By far, Dave’s greatest joys were his children; in this role, he absolutely shined. Incredibly loving and tenderhearted, Dave shepherded his children with a gentle strength. His world revolved around them. Dave dreamed their dreams with them and was their faithful friend. He was determined that each of them would graduate college with no debt, and that dream was accomplished two months ago when he wrote his last tuition check. Dave was committed to making memories with his children, and just as he did with Stacey, he planned elaborate trips and outings with each of them, tailored to their interests and aspirations. He painted whiffle ball diamonds in the backyard, and took them on individual camping trips every year where they swam in lakes, rode bikes, played cards in the tent by flashlight. He made bike ramps, remodeled the basement, cooked way too many pancakes, loved their friends, attended every football, soccer, and baseball game and swim meet. We thank God for his math mind and his ability to help with Calc homework.

Alike in so many ways, Dave and his son Devin enjoyed each other’s company so much – even more so after Devin discovered golf. They spent a magical weekend golfing at Arcadia Bluffs, where Dave cheered wildly and inappropriately when Devin sank a 40 foot put on the 18th. He and Devin spent hours on the phone watching golf or other sports “together” – he is his son’s most trusted friend.

He lavished love on his daughter Annie and encouraged her big dreams. They traveled together to many swim meets where he was her ardent cheerleader - win or lose, he always let her know that she is so much more than her athletic accomplishments. Their weekly phone calls delighted him and he adored just listening to her talk about her life. To Annie, he is a giant of a man – a beautiful picture of a worthy future partner.

Dave poured into his son Nathan. When Nathan sustained a season ending injury and recovered from surgery, Dave breathed life into his broken heart by conceiving a dream with him to attend a hockey game in each of the Original Six arenas. Spur of the moment, with Nathan still in a sling, they jumped in the car and drove 1600 miles to Montreal to knock off the first one and then stopped to see the Wings in Ottawa. Dave, Nathan and Devin fulfilled the dream last year in a whirlwind 24 hours when they saw the Rangers play, and then for good measure, threw in the Islanders and Devils too. Dave was in his glory. Nathan’s big dreams and many successes are a tribute to his father’s unconditional love and belief in him.

Dave’s absence is everywhere, as he served his family and community in so many ways. We do not understand the reason this has come to pass, why such a good man is gone, and we will cry out to our God against it. We grieve and mourn the loss of his presence, but oh - how he lives still! In every kind gesture extended to us, in every way you have served us even in these first days of loss, he lives. Through our cloud of pain, we long for the day we will be with him again."

Last week I was thinking Rugby should be more popular in the United States. Now, I'm thinking, "why is women's rugby not more popular in the United States!?!"

Last week I was thinking Rugby should be more popular in the United States. Now, I'm thinking, "why is women's rugby not more popular in the United States!?!"
is what i'm saying
i might even prefer it to men's, i like how the athletic/speed variation really opens the game up

I'll never forget her in the last WC....about 5 minutes before they would sub her off she would run around like a maniac putting pressure on the ball...at the end of a 70+ minute shift....she is a great clutch player and PK taker but she does the little things also....true leader off and on the pitch

If anybody is interested, there is some excellent live golf being played in Tokyo right now. They are about halfway through the final round. They are making some remarkable shots and putts. The present scoreboard suggests we may be up for some sudden death for the 3 medals. On the Golf Channel.

1627789714023.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom