Gaming's most Important Franchise? (1 Viewer)

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
What do you think that the most important franchise in console gaming is?

Some potential contenders would include:

Super Mario
Legend of Zelda
Mario Kart
Smash Brothers
Halo
Tomb Raider
Sonic the Hedgehog
Call of Duty
Grand Theft Auto
Madden
Resident Evil
Metal Gear
Final Fantasy

and many more

My vote is for Super Mario mostly for 2 games in particular:

Super Mario Bros (NES) and Super Mario 64 (N64)

Both of them defined their era and gaming looks and evolves much differently without either one.

Even their other entries that aren't such seismic icons are always well received and well reviewed (Mario Galaxy is still one of the most fun I've ever had playing a game)

For more modern gaming I'd probably go with Grand Theft Auto, what Mario was to platforming, GTA was to open world gaming

Call of Duty...haha, Madden. Lol.

Nah. Those aren't "Important", yes they make money but they aren't fan pleasing.

Call of Duty is already dying and everyone seems to be rejoicing in that. And Madden is now going down that same path unless they do some drastic changes and remove all the stupid animations and make it more realistic.

I'd say the ones Fans believe are important would be GTA, Zelda, Mario, Final Fantasy, maybe ARMA, Civilization, and maybe Total War.

Final Fantasy and GTA probably, for more modern gaming.

FF, because Square Soft pretty much destroyed Nintendo's dominance when they switched over to PlayStation. Most of the other major RPG gamers moved that way because of Square.

Then games like GTA transformed the gaming landscape from a mostly kid/teen thing to a teen/adult thing.

Otherwise, I give props to Zelda and Mario Bros.

The correct answer is Blur.

Blur and Haze...Not sure which was more of a disappointment. I didn't buy either though. I always wait for reviews for FPSs.
Side note, I still play the heck out of Bulletstorm for some reason on my PS3. We need a new Timesplitters for some real multiplayer FPS. Only game up there with Goldeneye all time (MP FPS) IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blur and Haze...Not sure which was more of a disappointment. I didn't buy either though. I always wait for reviews for FPSs.
Side note, I still play the heck out of Bulletstorm for some reason on my PS3. We need a new Timesplitters for some real multiplayer FPS. Only game up there with Goldeneye all time (MP FPS) IMO.

Poppycock. Blur is awesome.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom