Gangsta Rap created by Goverment (1 Viewer)

LSSpam

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Alicia Keys: Unlocked :: Blender.com

The full interview

We ask what other gangsta rappers she liked. And that’s when Keys drives a steamroller through the wall.

“‘Gangsta rap’ was a ploy to convince black people to kill each other,” she says, putting down the sandwich. “‘Gangsta rap’ didn’t exist.”

Come again? A ploy by whom?

She looks at us like it’s the dumbest question in the world. “The government.”

The quote in question

Saintman2884

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Silly Alicia Key, she must know that the NWA created gangsta rap in the mid 80's with founding members like Dr. Dre, Ice Cube, Eazy-E, and the Bomb Squad.

I do not think that Destiny's child counts as hard core gangsta rap. That is if she knows what it really stands for or the themes they touch on. the themes like armed violence, violence against women, homophobic attitudes, and black on black crime. Hate to say it Alicia but I don't think that your cup of tea girl

Last edited:

Saintman2884

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Thats ignorance on her part and a bit silly if you ask me, Spam. I know she is from the Black Community and all,but to suggest that these ideas are not prevalent in her community somehow somewhere is ridiculous and being way of touch on her part.

CitySaint

SR is my life!
Reaction score
I always thought Keys was a pretty intelligent woman, it's surprising that she would make a statement like that. This could have been taken out of context or something.

Saintman2884

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
City, maybe she is out of touch with some in her own community. It sounds strange to say but I have done studies on inner city problems that manifest itself on records like Tupac, or Biggie, or the after mentioned NWA, their songs were a reflection of their surroundings and the reality they saw. I do not think they were singing F the Police because the Feds encouraged them too or the ploy they she supposedly is inferring now.

Maybe it was a bit over the top but it's more ridiculous then having any serious merit to think about.

RABDOG

Very Banned
Reaction score
from louisana,but now lives in balch springs,tx.
I always thought Keys was a pretty intelligent woman, it's surprising that she would make a statement like that. This could have been taken out of context or something.

yeah, if she did indeed say that...the statement would be not entirely accurate...so-called gangsta rap was being done by others, like ice-t and too-short before nwa....but it was only when politicians like bush41 attacked nwa and so-called gansta rap in the 1988 presidential election(this is undoubtedly where bill clinton got his sista-soulja idea from) and some in the government called to try to ban rap music ,that rap music's popularity exploded...so in a sense the government,along with the record company execs and the rappers themselves DID help to "create" so called gangstar rap as it exists in it's present form today

Saintman2884

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Well Rab did she make it that specific in her asinine statements to begin with? I guess if I had to guess it from her comments she was saying a half truth or a 1/3 truth. Its funny too how the truth when spoken by certain people can be described as taken out of context or taken as something else or some PR screw up that has them leaving them with egg on their face. Rab you do remember Griff comments to the Washington Post about Jews being responsible for the world's wickedness? To him he still thinks it was taken out of context.
What the hell that means

kewee

I exist as I am, that is enough
Reaction score
There's not much that can top this in stupidity.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom