Garic: Another name to keep an eye on in FA is TE Jared Cook (mod edit, signed with Rams) (1 Viewer)

Jim Wyatt‏@jwyattsports

Jared Cook's deal with the #Rams: 5 yrs, $35.1 million, and $19 million guaranteed. That's 54% guaranteed and avg per year is $7.02 million

Where's Garic now? Not only does he not have sources, but he does not understand how free agency and the cap works.

Where's Garic now? Not only does he not have sources, but he does not understand how free agency and the cap works.

5 years at $7 million per? Ouch we would have never touched him at that. Good lord, this only ups Jimmy's value to closer to $10 mil/year.

I would have liked James Casey, but he got 14.5mil over 3 years too. Seems a bit much for us? I'd imagine we will bring in an older vet for a 1 year deal or draft a TE later in the later rounds.

Edit: Cook got a maximum of 38.5 mil over 5 years, $19 million guaranteed. A whopping $7.7 mil a year for a guy who has about half the stats of Jimmy.

"Saints should be keeping an eye on every Big name FA who they absolutely cannot afford in the real world" is all i see when I read Garics comments.

Casey thing is interesting though.

E:
James Casey, but he got 14.5mil over 3 years too.

ok didn't know bury the idea.

I'm convinced Garic is just putting things out there. That guy is one of the most miserable people on WWL. Semper Fi!

"garic: another name to keep an eye on in FA is cb leon sandcastle"

I think i'm just going to say that the saints are interested in every player that ever played with rob ryan and every good offense player. would be just as credible as this guy.

Yall might be able to tell, but i really have a thing against Garic. He, Scoot, and Tommy Tucker are embarrassing. Anyone who does a segment like "which saints player would you most want to be friends with" should not have a radio show.

If the right FA TE is still left out there and we can get him for less than what Jimmy is making.

With JG being severly underpaid how would it look to sign a FA TE to a contract? That would be a slap in the face. Top that off with the teams intentions of keeping Graham and within 1 season ud have a substantial amount of money tied up @ the TE position.

So it has always been more likely that we will draft a TE. We did schedule a meeting with Travis Kelce from Cincinatti i think.

Jake Stoneburner is the guy im keeping my eye on.

Personally Id prefer we use some of the freed up cash to lock down Graham...BEFORE, the TE price goes up again.

jared cook got 38.5 over 5 years meaning jimmy graham is going to get at least 8-9 mil a year (unless he gets injured).

Personally Id prefer we use some of the freed up cash to lock down Graham...BEFORE, the TE price goes up again.

Unfortunately it just did, and I don't see Jimmy's agent accepting a deal for the same amount as Cook when he clearly outproduces him, by nearly double.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom