Garic's 5 Reasons Drew Won't Retire (yet) (2 Viewers)

I'm done with Super Bowl window thing. We're like gambling addicts who keep saying one more bet. If he comes back its all about protecting his TD record from Tom's greedy self.

I'm done with Super Bowl window thing. We're like gambling addicts who keep saying one more bet. If he comes back its all about protecting his TD record from Tom's greedy self.

You don't think Drew is competitive and enjoys both playing and winning football games? I mean deciding to retire from something you have dedicated your entire life to can't come down to only he is trying to protect only one of his many records. Especially when you are still playing better than the majority of the competition.

You don't think Drew is competitive and enjoys both playing and winning football games? I mean deciding to retire from something you have dedicated your entire life to can't come down to only he is trying to protect only one of his many records. Especially when you are still playing better than the majority of the competition.
Yes I think he's competive, you don't get to his status without it. But I also think he realizes it about time to wrap it up. The emotion he displayed after he got the TD record was different than before.

Yes I think he's competive, you don't get to his status without it. But I also think he realizes it about time to wrap it up. The emotion he displayed after he got the TD record was different than before.

I just think it is incorrect to make the statement that his only motivation for playing another year is his TD record. Dude seems to love football to me. He is still one of the best in the league despite losing some of his ability.

I just think it is incorrect to make the statement that his only motivation for playing another year is his TD record. Dude seems to love football to me. He is still one of the best in the league despite losing some of his ability.
I don't mean it in a disrespectful manner but most guys don't walk away on their own (Montana, Farve, even Eli tried to hold out but the Giants drafted his replacement). I think the Brady thing may provide some extra motivation return outside of the quest for a ring.

I don't mean it in a disrespectful manner but most guys don't walk away on their own (Montana, Farve, even Eli tried to hold out but the Giants drafted his replacement). I think the Brady thing may provide some extra motivation return outside of the quest for a ring.

I can agree with that. The record is certainly part of the motivation, but not the only. Ask any athlete that is competitive like Brees. It is hard to walk away. Especially when he is still one of the best playing. The game has not passed him yet. Eli, he is not. He looks better than Tom and better than Rodgers in my opinion.

Even if Brees comes back the Saints should seriously consider drafting a QB.

Even if Brees comes back the Saints should seriously consider drafting a QB.
I think so too. How high in the draft is the question. We don't need another Sean Canfield or Garret Grayson waste of a draft pick. I'd rather poach a late round QB draft pick off someone's practice squad after the final cuts are made. Taysom Hill has worked out pretty well going that route even though we haven't seen him play substantial snaps at QB to really judge how good of an NFL QB he is.

The reason I’ll put money on that Drew is not going to retire is watching him on the sidelines for those 5 weeks while Teddy was starting. That hunger in his eyes is all I need to know that Drew will be back.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom