garrard -- who else (2 Viewers)

4saintspirit

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
did not know he was really that good. He looked great last night -- But the Pats took our playbook in beating the jags defense -- spread them out and attack

Garrard has certainly looked great this year but I feel like he didn't make plays that could have led his team to victory. Specifically, I'm talking about the fourth quarter when it was 28-17 and Jax had the ball on the NE 7 or so. Garrard had a WR run a post from the slot and if he had thrown it high and to the inside it would have been a touchdown. Instead, he threw it low and outside and it was almost an interception by NE. Next play, he had Matt Jones run a fade to the corner of the endzone. He was being guarded by Randall Gay. Jones probably has a seven inch advantage. If Garrard threw it high enough - touchdown. Instead, he threw it low and Gay was able to knock it down.

I know it is unfair to pick two plays out of the entire game and I know he made some great plays, as well. But those throws were telling. He may learn from this game and get better. He is, after all, still a relatively inexperienced starting quarterback.

Garrard surprised me by being able to stay consistent all season. He showed poise in the biggest game of his life. He seems a well grounded young man, from the clips and reports I've seen. He reminds me of Anderson. I like to see an unheralded player make a name for himself in this game.

BTW: I don't think the Pats took the Saints' playbook. They've been spreading and gashing people all season. So happens that the Jags D insisted on keeping the Pats WRs in front of em, is all.

Last edited:
Garrard might not have made the plays to beat New England, but he certainly did against Pittsburgh in a very hostile stadium. He's the real deal, and he's only going to get better.

Garrard has certainly looked great this year but I feel like he didn't make plays that could have led his team to victory. Specifically, I'm talking about the fourth quarter when it was 28-17 and Jax had the ball on the NE 7 or so. Garrard had a WR run a post from the slot and if he had thrown it high and to the inside it would have been a touchdown. Instead, he threw it low and outside and it was almost an interception by NE. Next play, he had Matt Jones run a fade to the corner of the endzone. He was being guarded by Randall Gay. Jones probably has a seven inch advantage. If Garrard threw it high enough - touchdown. Instead, he threw it low and Gay was able to knock it down.

I know it is unfair to pick two plays out of the entire game and I know he made some great plays, as well. But those throws were telling.
Those throws told me that Garrard missed a couple passes. .:dunno:

I know it is unfair to pick two plays out of the entire game and I know he made some great plays, as well. But those throws were telling. He may learn from this game and get better. He is, after all, still a relatively inexperienced starting quarterback.

baltimore i don't know if you were looking at the same game i was but garrard threw a perfect pass to dennis northcutt near the goal line and if he catch it he scores a touchdown to tie the score. instead he drops it and the jags have to settle for a field goal.
lloyd

I'm impressed with Garrard as well. Plus the feature on him before the game showed him as a very well grounded, classy person. He has tremendous upside. Glad he's in the AFC..... :)

if Northcutt doesn't have alligator arms and Matt Jones catches passes like a 1st round pick should, it's a totally different ball game. Garrard played great last night.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom