N/S Garret suspended indefinitely for this season+playoffs atleast [UPDATE: Reinstated on 2/12/2020] (1 Viewer)

I have no idea what Rudolph did or did not say.

But I do know that I don’t put ANY stock into what Mike Tomlin, who has broken the spirit of the rules and physically broken the rules (illegally contacting players and then lying about his intentions), says about this.

And Tomlin and the Steelers organization have also carried water for and backed Big Ben (multiple times), the Pouncey bro’s, etc.

I’m not surprised that he/they would come out in support of Rudolph (what else could they do?) but I also dont think that (given Tomlin and the Steelers’ history) adds even a shred of credibility to Rudolph’s defense.

The NFL has also proven that it will (and has) destroyed or altered audio and video to suit its needs during an investigation , so I’m not sure the “it would have been mic’d” conjecture is rock solid either.

I don’t think Rudolph should face any additional punishment (especially since we won’t ever know if he did anything that bad) and Garrett wasn’t justified in taking that swing regardless of what was said.

All I’m saying is that there seem to be some flimsy (to me) reasons to believe Tomlin and the Steeler while disbelieving anything Garrett says.

I was listening to 2 of the sports talking heads today, & they said the way to solve this is to have the players & coaches involved, (only 4 people, I think), all in the same room & talk this thing out, come to a conclusion, & put it to rest. Sounds reasonable to me.

I don't really believe anything the NFL says about evidence after Goodell had the Pats destroy the SpyGate evidence because it would be too damaging for the league.

Imagine the optics of how it would look if the QB on the team who's owner the Rooney rule is named after was caught on a mic calling a player a N-word, not once, but twice causing the craziest brawl during a nationally televised game.

Like I said, there's no corroborating evidence at this point. Hot mics everywhere, at least 5-7 players and a couple of officials within earshot and Garrett was the only player to supposedly hear what he heard. I find it hard to believe that no one has said they heard what Garrett claimed was said.

Last edited:
It's a He said She said. Unless there's evidence collaborates with Garrett's account or proof of something similar Rudolph did before (old tweet, instagram, email, etc.), I tend to believe Rudolph.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom