N/S Garret suspended indefinitely for this season+playoffs atleast [UPDATE: Reinstated on 2/12/2020] (2 Viewers)

Loose Cannon

Tangibles
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Never in doubt. It was always going to be an 8 game suspension. The NFL made it "indefinite" knowing they'd reinstate him in the offseason because the optics were better than just saying "8 games" at the time.

I almost always find myself on the players' side of things in most sports debates, but in this case, he should have faced more than half a season suspension. Hell, getting to miss 8 Browns games is an incentive, not a punishment.

NatureBoy

16x World Champion
Reaction score
Never in doubt. It was always going to be an 8 game suspension. The NFL made it "indefinite" knowing they'd reinstate him in the offseason because the optics were better than just saying "8 games" at the time.

I almost always find myself on the players' side of things in most sports debates, but in this case, he should have faced more than half a season suspension. Hell, getting to miss 8 Browns games is an incentive, not a punishment.
The “indefinite” wording sends a message to the player to stay out of trouble, and gives the league a buffer against any other trouble he could have found during the suspension. It’s the smart way to manage this kind of thing, even if your intention was to make it 8 games only.

Loose Cannon

Tangibles
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The “indefinite” wording sends a message to the player to stay out of trouble, and gives the league a buffer against any other trouble he could have found during the suspension. It’s the smart way to manage this kind of thing, even if your intention was to make it 8 games only.
Oh I agree. Smart but a bit disingenuous.

UFCSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
So were they punished for on-field conduct...or for conduct detrimental to the league? Asking for a friend...

LuvNOLA

WHO DAT
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
That temper tantrum, with a loss of 6 games, cost him $1.2 MILLION!!!!!! Wowsaaaaa 😳

Bet his impulse control improves in the future.

Will Survive

Veteran Starter
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
That will teach him! You can't just go around slapping Baker's head. This is the NFL, not some cheesecake parking lot!
🤣🤣🤣

LuvNOLA

WHO DAT
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Garret is over in Africa, helping with the Chris Long project, to bring clean water to folks.

1.2 millie would sure help to find some decent water. Now, Roger & his buddies get to keep the 1.2 😡. It sure would be nice if old Rog would donate the $$$ to the water project.

greg8710

All-Pro
Reaction score
Garret is over in Africa, helping with the Chris Long project, to bring clean water to folks.

1.2 millie would sure help to find some decent water. Now, Roger & his buddies get to keep the 1.2 😡. It sure would be nice if old Rog would donate the $$$ to the water project.
Garrett himself wouldn't give up that money.

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
It sure would be nice if old Rog would donate the $$$ to the water project.
The NFL got the money he didn't get paid from the Browns because he was suspended? The Browns don't just keep it?

I remember they used to claim that all fine money collected went to charitable causes but I think it all goes to the former players fund because of all the bad PR from CTE.

greg8710

All-Pro
Reaction score
Can we just all agree that hitting someone in the head with a helmet is a _____ move?.
I mean, he had trouble getting him down.
When he was brought down, Rudolph was on top, Garrett rolled him over for some reason and Mason used his feet to kick him off for some other reason 🤣

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Headlines

Top Bottom