N/S Garret suspended indefinitely for this season+playoffs atleast [UPDATE: Reinstated on 2/12/2020] (1 Viewer)

I disagree with Pouncey's, but I get why the NFL is doing it.

I agree with Myles' suspension.

While I think the reaction has been a bit too radical to what happened last night, I am in full agreement of Myles' actions having consequences.
I completely agree with all three suspensions. Each man is responsible for his own actions. Regardless of others’ actions, they each made a choice, in the heat of the moment, to retaliate.

Well, Pouncey is on video, kicking a guy in the head. Could've given him two games, I guess, but they certainly didn't want him back on the field when the Steelers and Browns meet again in a couple of weeks.
I agree. That's why I say from a business standpoint, I get it. From a moral standpoint, if I see a friend of mine getting attacked with a foreign object, I'm liable to react the same way he did.

The kick to Garrett’s head can’t be overlooked.
I completely agree with all three suspensions. Each man is responsible for his own actions. Regardless of others’ actions, they each made a choice, in the heat of the moment, to retaliate.
Yes, again I get WHY the NFL has to suspend Pouncey, and to deter from the subject a little bit...I'm not even that big a fan of Pouncey because of how he and his brother can come across, ala the Aaron Hernandez case when they were advocating for him.

But just from a moral standpoint, I feel many people would react the same way once they saw a friend of there's get attacked like that.

Why couldn't this have happened when the Packers and 49ers play each other? :hihi:

(Too soon?) :scratch:

I agree. That's why I say from a business standpoint, I get it. From a moral standpoint, if I see a friend of mine getting attacked with a foreign object, I'm liable to react the same way he did.

Yes, again I get WHY the NFL has to suspend Pouncey, and to deter from the subject a little bit...I'm not even that big a fan of Pouncey because of how he and his brother can come across, ala the Aaron Hernandez case when they were advocating for him.

But just from a moral standpoint, I feel many people would react the same way once they saw a friend of there's get attacked like that.
He kicked and punched a man. That has no place in football. I could understand your point if he just tried to separate them. But he went WAY overboard. I can’t defend him in the least. Not even from your “moral standpoint.”

He kicked and punched a man. That has no place in football. I could understand your point if he just tried to separate them. But he went WAY overboard. I can’t defend him in the least. Not even from your “moral standpoint.”
That's fine but I respectfully disagree.

Yeah, defending your friend is certainly understandable and admirable, but at that point, he had already been defended. Garrett was down flat on the ground, with at least one guy already on top of him.

There is no defense for kicking a guy in the head like like (multiple times)

That's fine but I respectfully disagree.
I’m glad the NFL doesn’t. Not suspending him would encourage that type of retaliation. Which, in turn, would encourage more retaliation.

Fines aren’t done. NFL network is reporting likely fines for Rudolph and the players that came onto the field from the bench. I agree with all of these penalties.

You don’t that do by kicking

I’m glad the NFL doesn’t. Not suspending him would encourage that type of retaliation. Which, in turn, would encourage more retaliation.

Fines aren’t done. NFL network is reporting likely fines for Rudolph and the players that came onto the field from the bench. I agree with all of these penalties.
So if someone swung at a friend of yours and you were right there, your instant reaction in that moment of turmoil would be to try and hold back the guy or deescalate the situation after your friend has already been whacked in the head?

Again, that's fine.

I also think it's perfectly ok if someone like me would instead go after the guy who swung. All's fair in war at that point.

So I get why the NFL did what they did, but I simply am not going to chastise Pouncey for how he reacted.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom