N/S Garret suspended indefinitely for this season+playoffs atleast [UPDATE: Reinstated on 2/12/2020] (1 Viewer)

If the game had been played in Pittsburgh, there would have been a criminal prosecution against Garrett for aggravated battery, which is a felony.

62d93af94e3efd2661d1745ae2a5f4c9.jpg

I agree. That's why I say from a business standpoint, I get it. From a moral standpoint, if I see a friend of mine getting attacked with a foreign object, I'm liable to react the same way he did.

Yes, again I get WHY the NFL has to suspend Pouncey, and to deter from the subject a little bit...I'm not even that big a fan of Pouncey because of how he and his brother can come across, ala the Aaron Hernandez case when they were advocating for him.

But just from a moral standpoint, I feel many people would react the same way once they saw a friend of there's get attacked like that.

moral standpoints don't matter when you go from defense to retaliation. Your legally only allowed to use the amount of force to stop someone from being harmed, in no instance are you legally allowed to payback a person in retaliation for harming someone.

Those suspensions sound about right. Garret and Pouncey both went one reckless step too far. I would have probably hit Rudolph with a one game suspension, as well.
Rudolph needs a suspension equal to Garrett's
Yeah, the hit was late - but Rudolph tried to rip off Garrett's helmet, then those 2 were both going at it. (Including Garrett getting a kick to the groin with cleates, which I view as equal to Garrett swinging the helmet.

Is this serious, yes.
Should anyone be arrested - no. They are in a violent sport - they just took it beyond the rules.
Did anyone really get hurt - no. No permanent or career-threatening injuries happened. (no blood, no foul)

Rudolph and Garrett kept escalating the situation. They are equally at fault.
Sorry, not remotely equal.
Garret and Pouncey both went one reckless step too far. Those suspensions sound about right.
I would have probably hit Rudolph with a one game suspension, as well.

If you watched the game the browns were head hunting all night, I dont fault rudolphs or pouncey for acting the way they did but i can understand the suspension. Garret should be banned from the NFL

If you watched the game the browns were head hunting all night, I dont fault rudolphs or pouncey for acting the way they did but i can understand the suspension. Garret should be banned from the NFL

There were some vicious hits from both teams. But the Browns had some pretty awful helmet to helmet hits. They did get penalized for a couple of them though. One of them actually resulted in an ejection.

It was a hard hitting game, which isn't unusual for a Browns/Steelers game. Curious to see if that continues when they play again in 2 weeks.

Reminds me of our Kyle turley incident. I wonder what his punishment would have been today.

This is Garrett's third incident this season involving anger management issues, needs some help...
I didn't know it was a pattern, I he hope gets some professional help.

I agree. That's why I say from a business standpoint, I get it. From a moral standpoint, if I see a friend of mine getting attacked with a foreign object, I'm liable to react the same way he did.

Yes, again I get WHY the NFL has to suspend Pouncey, and to deter from the subject a little bit...I'm not even that big a fan of Pouncey because of how he and his brother can come across, ala the Aaron Hernandez case when they were advocating for him.

But just from a moral standpoint, I feel many people would react the same way once they saw a friend of there's get attacked like that.
Yeah I remember that "Free Aaron" crap.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom