Garrett Hartley signs with XFL (1 Viewer)

I thought Cole Tracy was the dragons kicker?

Edit- looks like Hartley beat out Tracy, that's very surprising to me. Tracy was so clutch, Hartley was so not.

I guess it didn't work out unfortunately. Sad to hear.

Darn. He was on the 52 man roster released yesterday so I thought he had made it. Shame.

Sad that the XFL let him go through the tryouts and make the squad before now deciding that they did not want to medically clear him. Sounds like XFL kind of a mess (as expected).

Darn. He was on the 52 man roster released yesterday so I thought he had made it. Shame.

Sad that the XFL let him go through the tryouts and make the squad before now deciding that they did not want to medically clear him. Sounds like XFL kind of a mess (as expected).
That is pretty crappy of them. Earlier in the year, Hartley said he was planning on kicking in the NFL again so I think this whole XFL thing for him was an unofficial tryout for NFL teams looking at those players.

I hope he gets a shot with some club in camp at least. He's got the talent - we saw it in 2009 - but seems to have gotten a case of the yips. If he's gotten his head straight, I think he could be successful again. (Hell, he went 19/20 with a long of 55 in his XFL tryouts so it looks somewhat promising for him.)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom