N/S Garrett interviewing for Giants OC job... (1 Viewer)

I heard on a Sports Radio show this morning that when Ruhle called the NYG they didn't want to match Carolina's offer for him. Now the Giants are going to be left with Judge and perhaps now Garrett as an O.C. While 'Carolina is now armed with an offensive mastermind in Brady and Ruhle who has won in tough places to win at. What a big fail for the Giants.

I heard on a Sports Radio show this morning that when Ruhle called the NYG they didn't want to match Carolina's offer for him. Now the Giants are going to be left with Judge and perhaps now Garrett as an O.C. While 'Carolina is now armed with an offensive mastermind in Brady and Ruhle who has won in tough places to win at. What a big fail for the Giants.

Money talks

Honestly, they could do worse than Garrett as an OC. That Dallas offense was top 5 this year but also has a lot more talent than they have in NY. I think Garrett is more suited for a coordinator's job than head coach (as if the decade of mediocrity with at least a good roster the whole time he was there isn't enough evidence of that).

It would be surprising, but funny,if Carolina was the mess in the coming years and the Giants started putting things together. It would be even more ironic if it turned out that a controlling, egotistical owner/GM/PR guy/overwhelming locker room presence was the problem in Dallas and not the coaching staff. Carolina may very well end up as world beaters, but sometimes, these big name hires don't necessarily work well work together in a new atmosphere. There are no guarantees and it's not written n stone that the Panthers will be good, or that the Giants or Cowboys will be bad.

they gone the way of the Lions or dolphins. Like when they cut Janoris Jenkins. Some NY fans didn’t even like letting go of Eli Apple.

Honestly, they could do worse than Garrett as an OC. That Dallas offense was top 5 this year but also has a lot more talent than they have in NY. I think Garrett is more suited for a coordinator's job than head coach (as if the decade of mediocrity with at least a good roster the whole time he was there isn't enough evidence of that).

Yep. Garrett's a better Xs and Os guy than he is an effective CEO type. I think he'll do fine as an OC. In fact I'd go even further and bet anyone willing to give me even money that he'll end up as a head coach again somewhere. He'll be an effective OC for a few years and parlay that into another HC job. The NFL loves to recycle has-been coaches, and who better than a lily-white good ol' boy who knows how to suck up to the owner.

they gone the way of the Lions or dolphins. Like when they cut Janoris Jenkins. Some NY fans didn’t even like letting go of Eli Apple.
Janoris did a heck of a job last season with the Saints. A full pre season of camp practice no telling what he can do.

Janoris did a heck of a job last season with the Saints. A full pre season of camp practice no telling what he can do.

I knew he be good. But DA needs to get into gear, no reason why Cousins should put up 26 pts on 2 lock down corners.

While 'Carolina is now armed with an offensive mastermind in Brady and Ruhle who has won in tough places to win at. What a big fail for the Giants.
Settle down media. Sure these young guns know offense but put away the sculpting supplies for now. We already know they will have early success but the league is a bunch of grown arse men who don’t like their bank accounts fooled with. We’ve seen the same old narrative played out with college coaches for decades now. Chip kel...I mean Rhule and Brady will come out with guns a blazing and have early success and will be considered the next gen of football and be crowned until like everyone else they don’t adapt and develop the counterpunch that these coaches will throw at them. We’ve seen it before, can they sustain is the real question

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom