Garrett Wilson is a freak! The Saints better not mess this up (1 Viewer)

People need to move on with this Burks mess. Not saying he will be trash but he does not fit this team. We need a WR that will SEPARATE, get us first downs, and keep the chains moving. BTW I was the first person on the board to be on the Garrett Wilson hype train.

People are on the Burks Train bc being on the Burks train is warranted

The dude is 6'3 in a RB body with some serious Jets.

Really physical! Although he could use a little polish, he's no slouch with his feet.

You don't find many receivers with that frame and that speed.

He reminds me of Deebo, except a little less polished and maybe more straight line speed. Deebo was my number 1 receiver coming out of the draft a couple years ago.

His ceiling is ridiculously high!

People are on the Burks Train bc being on the Burks train is warranted

The dude 6'3 in a RB body with some serious Jets.

Really physical! Although he could use a little polish, he's no slouch with his feet.

You don't find many receivers with that frame and that speed.

He reminds me of Deebo, except a little less polished and maybe more straight line speed. Deebo was my number 1 receiver coming out of the draft a couple years ago.

His ceiling is ridiculously high!
I spent countless amount of time scouting him and I just don't see it. I have gotten one WR wrong when it has come to the draft and that player is Cooper Kupp (I think I was fatigued from watching video when I got to his tape). My successes are Brandon Aiyuk, Christian Kirk, and Chris Godwin (scouted them all mocked them to NOLA). Saint Lattimore put up a mock draft a few weeks ago with a list of WRs headed by Burks. I had not watched much college football this year. I went and scouted the first 5 names randomly including Burks and ranked them by my standards. Now why does my rankings match experts rankings? I was the first on the board calling for Garrett Wilson and that he was the best WR and now its darn near a consensus now. I'm not hedging my bet here but when I scout Burks I look to see if he fits the Saints system and he doesn't, not to say he would have success elsewhere.

I have been doing a lot of film study lately, and their isn't a prospect that I like more for the Saints then Garrett Wilson.

He's such a natural pass catcher, he has ridiculous footwork, and hes an athletic specimen. Very physical, yet crafty, and graceful. One thing you notice with Wilson is his consistency week in and week out regardless of competition. He's also one of thr best YAC receivers in this class, if not the best. Not to mention his get off is ridiculous, (see back to footwork).

There are a couple WR's I really like in this draft that could completely help transform this offense. Guys like Jamison Williams, Treylon Burks etc.. but Garrett Wilson is my favorite. He just makes it look too easy!

So here's a highlight reel for those who aren't that familiar with him. Although I will say, to get a real feel you need to watch game film, so I encourage yall to do so. Regardless, here's a little taste to get ya excited!

He's a special WR. His fluidity reminds me of Kamara.

I spent countless amount of time scouting him and I just don't see it. I have gotten one WR wrong when it has come to the draft and that player is Cooper Kupp (I think I was fatigued from watching video when I got to his tape). My successes are Brandon Aiyuk, Christian Kirk, and Chris Godwin (scouted them all mocked them to NOLA). Saint Lattimore put up a mock draft a few weeks ago with a list of WRs headed by Burks. I had not watched much college football this year. I went and scouted the first 5 names randomly including Burks and ranked them by my standards. Now why does my rankings match experts rankings? I was the first on the board calling for Garrett Wilson and that he was the best WR and now its darn near a consensus now. I'm not hedging my bet here but when I scout Burks I look to see if he fits the Saints system and he doesn't, not to say he would have success elsewhere.
Burks is a legit talent.

Just because you happen to like Wilson more shouldn’t de-value Burks. Burks is comparable to Deebo Samuel in many (professional) scouts views. He’s big, strong, physical, and the total package. He’s not without his question marks, but neither is any prospect!
For whatever reason, you are just more focused on singing your own praises than that of the prospects you claim to be evaluating.

Solid move in acknowledging you missed on Cooper Kupp… but that’s a huge miss bro! That’s like missing on Michael Thomas! Kupp is arguably the best WR in the entire league right now.

At the end of the day… you’re just a dude watching film and giving an opinion. Just like all of the “experts”… and just like me.

You watch and you see if the tools are there. If the “potential” is there to be something special. Lots of guys have it, but only few actually realize it.

It’s OK to be wrong… we’re just message board fans! Our jobs don’t rely on it! Thankfully, because missing on Kupp would’ve got you canned! 😂

Burks is talented… He’s similar to Deebo Samuel in many ways, but he has some things about his game that could make him even better! …or other ?’s that could see him be frustrating.

I’d take him.

There’s other dudes I’d take as well and be happy… it’s just the nature of the draft! The need at WR is there!
If the Saints ignore it and take an IOL from Canada, then that’s that.

…but from what I’ve seen, there are a number of WRs in the 2022 draft that I would be very excited to see in the B&G.

Burks is a legit talent.

Just because you happen to like Wilson more shouldn’t de-value Burks. Burks is comparable to Deebo Samuel in many (professional) scouts views. He’s big, strong, physical, and the total package. He’s not without his question marks, but neither is any prospect!
For whatever reason, you are just more focused on singing your own praises than that of the prospects you claim to be evaluating.

Solid move in acknowledging you missed on Cooper Kupp… but that’s a huge miss bro! That’s like missing on Michael Thomas! Kupp is arguably the best WR in the entire league right now.

At the end of the day… you’re just a dude watching film and giving an opinion. Just like all of the “experts”… and just like me.

You watch and you see if the tools are there. If the “potential” is there to be something special. Lots of guys have it, but only few actually realize it.

It’s OK to be wrong… we’re just message board fans! Our jobs don’t rely on it! Thankfully, because missing on Kupp would’ve got you canned! 😂

Burks is talented… He’s similar to Deebo Samuel in many ways, but he has some things about his game that could make him even better! …or other ?’s that could see him be frustrating.

I’d take him.

There’s other dudes I’d take as well and be happy… it’s just the nature of the draft! The need at WR is there!
If the Saints ignore it and take an IOL from Canada, then that’s that.

…but from what I’ve seen, there are a number of WRs in the 2022 draft that I would be very excited to see in the B&G
Not arguing, I'm not going to put up a fight with anything you said........but Treylon Burks measurables compare to Mike Williams of the Chargers, he is not Deebo Samuel. Deebo is 5'11 and Burks is 6'3, mentality wise Drake London is more of a Deebo Samuels type in how he abuses CBs. That's it. Other than that I'm indifferent and agree to disagree.

Not arguing, I'm not going to put up a fight with anything you said........but Treylon Burks measurables compare to Mike Williams of the Chargers, he is not Deebo Samuel. Deebo is 5'11 and Burks is 6'3, mentality wise Drake London is more of a Deebo Samuels type in how he abuses CBs. That's it. Other than that I'm indifferent and agree to disagree.
…and hey… I’m not going to argue with you about Drake London! He’s climbing in my opinion as each day passes! He did a ton of damage from the slot, and he very well could be the biggest BEAST of this WR class! The more I see, the more I’m impressed!

Depends on who Sparq better I guess lol
Yep! 😂

But this is why I brought up the Combine. I think both Wilson n Olave are the most polished WRs ( ball skills, speed, route running) in the draft n they’ll test well.

But my next “group” of Burks, Bell n London can really help themselves with a good showing at the Combine. So I’m a keep an eye on how they perform in the 40, high jump, broad jump n 3 cone. And I wish em all the best! 👍🏾

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom