Garrett Wilson is a freak! The Saints better not mess this up (1 Viewer)

People need to move on with this Burks mess. Not saying he will be trash but he does not fit this team. We need a WR that will SEPARATE, get us first downs, and keep the chains moving. BTW I was the first person on the board to be on the Garrett Wilson hype train.

Last edited:
I have been doing a lot of film study lately, and their isn't a prospect that I like more for the Saints then Garrett Wilson.

He's such a natural pass catcher, he has ridiculous footwork, and hes an athletic specimen. Very physical, yet crafty, and graceful. One thing you notice with Wilson is his consistency week in and week out regardless of competition. He's also one of thr best YAC receivers in this class, if not the best. Not to mention his get off is ridiculous, (see back to footwork).

There are a couple WR's I really like in this draft that could completely help transform this offense. Guys like Jamison Williams, Treylon Burks etc.. but Garrett Wilson is my favorite. He just makes it look too easy!

So here's a highlight reel for those who aren't that familiar with him. Although I will say, to get a real feel you need to watch game film, so I encourage yall to do so. Regardless, here's a little taste to get ya excited!

I trust you. You were amongst first to be on the Burrow train

He is pretty good, but he looks like he is going to blow a kneecap on every play with some of those moves.

How so? I know the SEC is the benchmark but it's also why scouts and coaches want to see the prospects at Senior Bowl and the other all-star games. I agree you want to see the technique and good route running but I need to know what you do against potential NFL talent.

Absolutely, and that's why I said it's a great tool to use.

It can be used as satisfaction as to why you feel this way about a player, or it could be used as to why you may question this about a certain player and need to look into that player a little more.

But, it's not everything

It's just a tool

Hint as to why small school guys get noticed and drafted by clubs all the time.

You don't necessarily have to have film of elite competition to project a players success. It helps, and it's something you would like to have, but at the end of the day it's an extra tool.

He is pretty good, but he looks like he is going to blow a kneecap on every play with some of those moves.

Yes, that's one of the only things that make nervous about him.

The way he plays the game can make you nervous at times.

But that same trait is what makes you love em as well.

He's got that Dogg in him, and hes not afraid to put his body on the line

Top 8 to 13 pick. Move on...

Why move on??

If you have watched the Saints draft over the last 5 years. If they like a guy enough, they aren't afraid to go get em.

It's the NFL draft, you never know what can happen.

At the end of the day, these mock drafts are great tools to use to get better informed and acquainted with these players for us fans.

When it comes to the actual order of the draft, they hold 0 Merritt to these franchise owners and GM's.

Do you think the teams toward the end of the draft don't scout the potential #1 pick? Of course they do, bc you never know what can happen

If the Saints went nuclear and drafted nothing but WR's in the draft, I don't think I'd be upset at all.

I mean, they won't. And they probably shouldn't. But I wouldn't be upset.

And isn’t Bama’s Jameson Williams an OSU transfer? Serious abundance of WR talent for one team to recruit.
Yes, which makes the comment earlier in the thread about only playing against Big10 defenses somewhat humorous. Aside from Big10 defenses typically being pretty solid, we saw what Williams did to SEC defenses. He left OSU because he was stuck behind Olave and Wilson, with Njigba and Harrison Jr coming up behind him. Olave and Wilson are different types of WR than Williams, so it's possible that their skills translate differently to the pros, but if you're keeping guys like Williams on the bench, and your program has recently put out guys like Terry McLaurin, Mike Thomas, and you're facing a plethora of 1st round defensive backs in practice every year, you're probably going to be just fine in the NFL.

I have been doing a lot of film study lately, and their isn't a prospect that I like more for the Saints then Garrett Wilson.

He's such a natural pass catcher, he has ridiculous footwork, and hes an athletic specimen. Very physical, yet crafty, and graceful. One thing you notice with Wilson is his consistency week in and week out regardless of competition. He's also one of thr best YAC receivers in this class, if not the best. Not to mention his get off is ridiculous, (see back to footwork).

There are a couple WR's I really like in this draft that could completely help transform this offense. Guys like Jamison Williams, Treylon Burks etc.. but Garrett Wilson is my favorite. He just makes it look too easy!

So here's a highlight reel for those who aren't that familiar with him. Although I will say, to get a real feel you need to watch game film, so I encourage yall to do so. Regardless, here's a little taste to get ya excited!

He's projected to be the first WR off the board to either the Jets at 10 or the Browns at 13. If we want him, we'd have to trade up. I wouldn't be upset if we did, but I think we'll probably stay put and hope that Jameson, Olave or Burks are there at 18.

He's projected to be the first WR off the board to either the Jets at 10 or the Browns at 13. If we want him, we'd have to trade up. I wouldn't be upset if we did, but I think we'll probably stay put and hope that Jameson, Olave or Burks are there at 18.

I wouldn't be mad at grabbing Williams, and or Burks at 17.

Although Wilson is my fav, and imo a can't miss WR prospect. Burks is a very close second.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom