• Trump

Votes: 21 52.5%

• Total voters

Saint by the Bay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Conventional wisdom says Trump but the polls seem to indicate Clinton.

I think normally he'd hurt the Republican but in this case he's giving Republicans who refuse to vote for Trump some place to go other than Clinton. It's ine of the many unconventional things about this crazy election.

OP
Higher

Higher

Very Banned
Reaction score
Conventional wisdom says Trump but the polls seem to indicate Clinton.

I think normally he'd hurt the Republican but in this case he's giving Republicans who refuse to vote for Trump some place to go other than Clinton. It's ine of the many unconventional things about this crazy election.
That's why I wanted to ask. After watching the "forum" tonight I don't think either one hurt theirs or the others chances.

CountWhoDat

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
In almost all meaningful policy positions, Gary Johnson is more conservative than Trump. It's weird that a lot of liberals would identify with him despite the fact that he was a champion of privatization, especially in the prison industry. It just so happens he likes weed, so I guess that gets him some points?

WhoDatPhan78

Definitely not part of the deep state.
Reaction score
Johnson hurts Clinton, because most people voting for him are never trumpers.

Gary Johnson isn't much more informed than Trump is.

We can't elect someone who is going to be in over their heads.

Unfortnately there's only one candidate running who wouldn't be in over their head.

Brandon13

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
In almost all meaningful policy positions, Gary Johnson is more conservative than Trump. It's weird that a lot of liberals would identify with him despite the fact that he was a champion of privatization, especially in the prison industry. It just so happens he likes weed, so I guess that gets him some points?
I don't know if "a lot" of liberals identify with him, but in addition to the weed he's advocating for a less interventionist foreign policy, he's pro choice, and he doesn't seem to hate illegal immigrants.

Brandon13

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
When Johnson and Stein are not options as candidates in the questions, Hillary has typically polled slightly better vs Trump than when Johnson and Stein are included. I think that gap in the polling has shrunk a bit in the past month, though, so we'll see.

Galbreath34

Very Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Well Johnson has Trump foreign policy matched now with "What is Aleppo?" Too bad he wasn't playing Jeopardy.

NEBaghead

Sir, a jelly doughnut, sir!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Typically 3rd party choices in polls waiver as you get closer to the election. People realize more that their vote won't count and tend to go towards the main candidates. Since it appears Stein and Johnson are peeling voters off of Clinton, she will likely get a slight bump going into the final week or two of polling. This a rehash of what I've heard from fivethirtyeight.com and Nate Silver.

PurpleBlack&Gold

FOOTBALL PLEASE!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Is it possible to understand the situation in Syria without knowing the name of a city? I certainly don't think he will win but he needs to be in the debates. If for no other reason than to keep the discussion on the issues and not constant bickering between Clinton and Trump.

mt15

Subscribing Member
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I don't get the idea that siphoning off "Never Trumpers" hurts Clinton.

IMO the Never Trumper is not likely to vote for a Democrat, so Clinton wouldn't have had their votes anyway. But they do take votes away that would normally have gone to the Republican nominee. So it seems that would hurt Trump more.

I understand that polls show the opposite. It seems counterintuitive to me though.

James Spader

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
I would best most people wouldn't know that city. Yet it isn't hard to know that the elements of the federal government want regime change in Syria so that a pipeline can be built from the south. So what he doesn't know one city in Syria, I am sure most on saints report have no clue about the city let alone know what even goes on in that country in my opinion. The two major parties have failed this country. Time for new blood. Again, why are we meddling in Syria. Have we not learned from Lybia and Iraq.

There should be a neither option.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)