Gas Prices.... (1 Viewer)

St. Anger

Guaranteed A Red Thumb
Reaction score
Ah, once again, the oil barrons are finding lame reasons to jack up the prices on gas across this fine nation. Just yesterday at 7:00 a.m., gas here was $2.99. At 5:00 p.m. it shot up eight cents to $3.07!! What's the excuse this time? The Kosovo embassy riots? Another "terrorist threat"? The wind changed direction? The only reason that the prices are going up is because the gas companies can and we pay for it. My truck and my wife's SUV are both paid off. I was going to look for a new car but forget it now. A car payment can sure buy a lot of gas.

So what's the price in your neck of the woods?

about 3.15 where I am. it is mentally challenged. you know the gas price will go up this summer too like it always does. say hello to $4 gas around July 4th

T

Are we getting sufficiently tired of being held hostage by the oil companies to make some tough decisions yet? Probably not.

The cheapest in my area is close to 110p per litre (Just over $2)

So count yourselves lucky. :9:

Ah, once again, the oil barrons are finding lame reasons to jack up the prices on gas across this fine nation. Just yesterday at 7:00 a.m., gas here was $2.99. At 5:00 p.m. it shot up eight cents to $3.07!! What's the excuse this time? The Kosovo embassy riots? Another "terrorist threat"? The wind changed direction? The only reason that the prices are going up is because the gas companies can and we pay for it. My truck and my wife's SUV are both paid off. I was going to look for a new car but forget it now. A car payment can sure buy a lot of gas.

So what's the price in your neck of the woods?

probably has something to do with this....gas for us in southwest washington jumped from 2.85 to 3.23 in three days

Attachments

• ex.jpg
    ex.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 304
The only reason that the prices are going up is because the gas companies can and we pay for it. My truck and my wife's SUV are both paid off

so don't pay for it......take a cab, ride the bus, get a bike, buy a car that uses less gas

it's not like you don't have a choice

Don't ride in taxis very often, do you?

I'm not sure that cabbing it everywhere is a very cost efficient option. :mwink:

, i just find it humorous for someone that drives a truck to complain about gas prices......

Why did gas prices go up? Because the price per barrel skyrocketed this past week.

Our prices were up to 3.09 for a day but yesterday went back down to 2.96.

Why did gas prices go up? Because the price per barrel skyrocketed this past week.

Our prices were up to 3.09 for a day but yesterday went back down to 2.96.

And why did the price per barrel go up? That's what I want to know...did someone in production sneeze and now they're worried that he'll get sick and we might not have enough gasoline so let's panic, AAAAAUUUUUUGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!

It's about that ridiculous, IMO....:grumpy:

I telecommute. Gas can be $4.00 a gallon and I won't care. I'm down to using less than a take of gas a month.

IMO if you really want to burst this oil bubble, get 10% of our people off the roads.

Of course if we could just get EVERYONE to obey the speed limit, we'd pretty much end this thing tomorrow. BTW, I'm not pointing fingers because I speed too. I also know we'll never stop speeding. I'm just saying I know that would end this whole fiasco pretty quick.

And why did the price per barrel go up? That's what I want to know...did someone in production sneeze and now they're worried that he'll get sick and we might not have enough gasoline so let's panic, AAAAAUUUUUUGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!

It's about that ridiculous, IMO....:grumpy:

Ask Canada. We get the most oil from them. Only 20% of it comes from the ME.

probably has something to do with this....gas for us in southwest washington jumped from 2.85 to 3.23 in three days

This will not be repaired for a minimum of 24 months. I have pictures of it from someone I know. May have some parts up in a few months but I can't see it.
It was a small refinery fortunately, but with our lack of capacity it still hurts a little.

Oil is up though again. Don't know why though.

Last edited:
I telecommute. Gas can be $4.00 a gallon and I won't care. I'm down to using less than a take of gas a month.

IMO if you really want to burst this oil bubble, get 10% of our people off the roads.

Of course if we could just get EVERYONE to obey the speed limit, we'd pretty much end this thing tomorrow. BTW, I'm not pointing fingers because I speed too. I also know we'll never stop speeding. I'm just saying I know that would end this whole fiasco pretty quick.

No kidding, I was dropping my daughter off at daycare last week and this other dad jumps into his triple with cheese sized pickup truck, revs the engine until it sounds like he is about to shoot off into orbit, then tears off through the parking lot (of a daycare) out into the street and then guns his gas pedal all the way down the road for as long as I can hear the money burning through that dude's gas tank. I just took comfort that it only costs $35 to fill my car's tank and that lasts a few weeks.

, i just find it humorous for someone that drives a truck to complain about gas prices......

Well, I know it's hard to be perfect but just for a moment..... I own a Ford Ranger. Yes, a fuel efficient, alternative fuel burning pick up that gets better gas mileage than most cars. The SUV can last two weeks on a tank of gas because we don't drive that everywhere. I am concious of the situation. One should not assume that a truck equals eight miles per gallon.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom