Gatlinburg (1 Viewer)

the trip was a TRIP!!! We were stuck in the smokies from 5:30pm to 8:30pm A Big tree fell on top a car traping 3 people in. Blocked all traffic. What a freak accident. They tell you Watch Out For Fallin Rocks but not trees!!! It was a crazy trip!!!

Kids + snow = instant fun

Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge the towns are hideous tourist traps. The mountains, camping, hiking and scenery are cool.

There's no way I would waste any of my time in the towns. Pigeon Forge is awful.

What was that last waterfall - don't think I've ever been to it. It looked like Looking Glass, but that's the other way. :shrug: I saw the Laurel Falls and Mingo Falls shots though. I'll never forget my boy Tommy blitzed drunk climbing the face of Mingo. :covri: He got up without slipping some kind of way. Later that day (this is circa 1988), we were coming down from the second falls and my friend Chuck got hit by a rock in the back of the head and tumbled head over heels and crashed into a boulder on a ledge of a several hundred foot drop. It kind of ruined his trip as he was bumped, bruised and unable to participate in any further hiking or rafting. :shrug:

TPS

I think your talking about Noccalula Falls Gadsden, AL. Nice Fall that is right the interstate 59. You just drive right up to it. They have a little ZOO and Train ride by it. It is nice!!!

I've been there several times. One of my favorite places to go. If I won the lottery I would have one home near Gatlinburg and another on Sanibel / Captiva Island in Florida.
As far as dining, it's mostly just standard stuff. However, several of the pancake places are really good. There is one steak place that is outstanding though. Some of the best steaks I've eaten. The Chop House in Sevierville is wonderful. Just be prepared to shell out the $$$, because it's very expensive.
I personally love Gatlinburg. The wife and I have spent entire afternoons / evenings just walking the main drag, having coffee / refreshments outside and watching people. Lot's of putt-putt golf, which is fun for us old couples.
Like other's said though, the park itself is the real jewel. Especially Cades Cove and the road you take going there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom