Gayle Benson’s Public Statement On Her Connection To The Catholic Church (1 Viewer)

In my opinion, this was always a non-story.
So let me gets right ? Saints were brought into this so court can say church was more worried about pr than scandal? So besides gale and bensel doing too much with pr there is much to see here in regards to saints?

So let me gets right ? Saints were brought into this so court can say church was more worried about pr than scandal? So besides gale and bensel doing too much with pr there is much to see here in regards to saints?
I have no clue what you’re asking.

Welp -- today's the day we find out if the e-mails get released in advance of the trial. The request is supposed to go before the special master today, retired judge Carolyn Jefferson-Gill.

... or not. Sheesh, this is convoluted:

(link may require a sign-in, or for cookies to be disabled)

A former Orleans Parish Civil District Court judge on Thursday heard arguments for and against publicly releasing a trove of emails between New Orleans Saints executives and the Archdiocese of New Orleans as the local Catholic Church sought to manage fallout from its ongoing clergy sex abuse scandal.

Carolyn Gill-Jefferson said she would not immediately rule on whether to remove a court seal keeping the emails confidential. Instead, she said she would issue a recommendation on the matter to Civil District Court Judge Ellen Hazeur, who is presiding over the lawsuit which led to Thursday's hearing.

Am I correct in suspecting that almost no one with any kind of power in New Orleans wants to touch this with a ten-foot pole? I think all these judges and special masters would be thrilled for all of this to dry up and blow away somehow.

And if there weren't a profit motive, I doubt even the plaintiff's attorneys would trouble themselves with this case.

You could say that about 99.999% of lawsuits.
True ... just making the point there has to be a strong outside incentive for a New Orleans mover-&-shaker (i.e. a major local law firm) to come near this fiasco. Just weird watching the local judiciary play "Hot Potato" with this particular side issue.

If it's so uncomfortable, would the special master and/or judge really face any problems if they just went and (nicely) told the AP to pound sand?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom