Gayle Benson: "I don't think any of us know" on Sean Payton's future (1 Viewer)

The fact the team’s owner doesn’t even know? You don’t think that’s significant?

And no one said he did anything wrong. But there is clearly SOME question here.
But she doesn't usually comment on stuff like that. They're not an organization where the owner runs her mouth all willy nilly.

She's not going to speak for Sean. And Sean isn't going to respond until he wants to. I don't think he wants to set a precedent of having to officially respond to tweets and assuage fan fears. He is not that guy.

But she doesn't usually comment on stuff like that. They're not an organization where the owner runs her mouth all willy nilly.

She's not going to speak for Sean. And Sean isn't going to respond until he wants to. I don't think he wants to set a precedent of having to officially respond to tweets and assuage fan fears. He is not that guy.
That’s the entire point though. If there were nothing there, there would be no need to comment or address it.

That’s the entire point though. If there were nothing there, there would be no need to comment or address it.
I don't follow what you're saying.

It sounds like people are expecting a comment one way or the other and I'm saying they'll get their comments/answer/reaction whenever Sean feels like giving them one.

So just because she isn’t at the facility she has no clue what’s going on with the head coach of the football team she owns?

Got it.

Are you listening to yourself?

She has multiple endeavors at any given time. She has PEOPLE who run her endeavors FOR HER that she TRUSTS.

If something THAT big were to be true, she would have been THE FIRST notified.

Its smoke started by Ian Rappaport. One person...one tweet has managed to grow into some behemoth story when there was absolutely no story to be told ( yesterday )

None.

I have a boss...the owner and CEO of our company- 40 years now. Think he knows what im doing tomorrow? Next week?

So just because she isn’t at the facility she has no clue what’s going on with the head coach of the football team she owns?

Got it.
lol I agree. It all is what it is tho, and will either be nothing or have merit.
Maybe she was being coy. You know they like to string the media along at times. I could be wrong, but I have a feeling she already knows what's up.
I think so too. Full well believe there could be some truth to the burnout talk, also think he will be back for another year tho. Just a hunch, as I like the rest of us, have no idea.

As I said earlier tho, it’s a message board that literally exists to talk about the Saints. At least the SSF. Literally why any of us are here, so it shouldn’t rile folks up to this degree when it’s being discussed. Just my opinion. 😊

Are you listening to yourself?

She has multiple endeavors at any given time. She has PEOPLE who run her endeavors FOR HER that she TRUSTS.

If something THAT big were to be true, she would have been THE FIRST notified.

Its smoke started by Ian Rappaport. One person...one tweet has managed to grow into some behemoth story when there was absolutely no story to be told ( yesterday )

None.

I have a boss...the owner and CEO of our company- 40 years now. Think he knows what im doing tomorrow? Next week?
Then why does she say she doesn’t know if there is nothing NOT to know lol.

Come on, now. Again, he is probably still going to be our coach. But let’s not bury our head in the sand and pretend there isn’t some level of uncertainty here.

She was being nice and answered the question. Imo, she answered the question the way a smart person would answer it if she had no idea what the reporter was talking about.

That's how it sounded to me, too. Like she didn't have a reason to think it was anything more than a generic inquiry about Payton following the season.

It was a poorly worded question. Better would have been to address the speculation matter-of-factly. "There are rumors that Coach Payton might be feeling burned out and is considering retirement, can you give us any insight?" Mrs Benson still might not have been forthcoming but at least the exchange would have been properly established.

Come on, now. Again, he is probably still going to be our coach. But let’s not bury our head in the sand and pretend there isn’t some level of uncertainty here.
Why? Because she can? :shrug: I suspect she knows but isn't going to show her hand at this point. If she knows Payton is on vacation and/or not commenting yet, she's not gonna step on his toes because a reporter wants a soundbite.

Well this sucks. But, I don't see SP just leaving the organization hanging like this. He is the type of guy that will make sure he helps the front office out all he can before he departs from the Saints.

Ahhhh- its "some level of uncertainty" now?

Here is what im certain of- Sean is the HC of the New Orleans Saints.

Today. Tomorrow. Next week. Next month. Next year.

Until im notified via Sean thru reputable source.

im done.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom