Gayle Benson: "I don't think any of us know" on Sean Payton's future (1 Viewer)

I still think we go all in for a proven QB this off-season and Payton gives it 2-3 more years, considering the strength of the team, but he’s clearly considering walking away.

Looks like we’re going to find out quickly either way, thankfully.

Certainly, it would be better if this was happening quietly. But I hope this lends credibility to some of the reporting. And, of course, like many, I hope he returns. But we shall see.

Payton should decide quickly. Saints should have access to all the potential new coaches before the dominoes start falling.

If Payton does decide to leave I'm guessing Dennis Allen will be elevated to HC, and Pete Carmichael can take over as the full time playcaller (he's already the OC in title). Shouldn't be a HUGE transition, but I do hope Payton continues to coach... even though I'd understand why he'd want to take some time off.

Yeah, I think most would totally understand if he decides to take a break. I have no issues with the sentiment. That said, no one I'm aware of has spoken directly with him about it yet, so it's all speculation until we hear it from him imo.

Ive seen this enough to know not to get caught up in it. The guy standing on the corner with "the end is near" sign will be right some day.....same with reporters.
I will say after all we've been through the last 2 seasons this would be the icing on the cake. If you were looking at just how much worse things can get....this would be it.

Been thinking all season about how long Payton could stay motivated to coach a defensive team. I guess we’re about to find out.

I mean…why meet if there’s nothing to meet about?

They meet every year, and not just with the head coach, but the entire staff. Payton still had an annual meeting with Benson after winning the Super Bowl. The lowest valued NFL Franchise is worth a "chill" $2.27 billion dollars. You don't think the owners want to know what is on the mind of the people driving that car?

I still think we go all in for a proven QB this off-season and Payton gives it 2-3 more years, considering the strength of the team, but he’s clearly considering walking away.

I don't know who this guy is, but I just listened to Glazer (so can everyone here, link below) but Glazer did not say what this guy is reporting.

When asked about Cowboy coaching and how Payton fit into it, Glazer said:

"Sean (Payton) changes his mind every two seconds. We talk about it a lot. It's why I haven't reported anything because he changes his mind like every two minutes," Glazer said.

“But that’s also why I said two weeks ago on FOX NFL Sunday during the coaching carousel was that there could be a coach or two step away just because of these last two years of COVID, it’s taken its toll on people.”

The conclusions that this guy came to were his own interpretation and an extrapolation of Glazer's remarks. Not what he actually said.

Y'all can listen for yourselves. Glazer is on at about the 3:46 mark, here:

Thanks to those giving us the Glazer take.

Now many see why Glazer has Sean's trust. He spells it out, he gives context Sean changes his mind every 2 minutes. And he doesn't tweet out speculation to be able to claim the "I broke it first" title.

He operates with respect for his contacts and that goes a long way in my book.

THE MAN WENT ON VACATION with his WIFE...VACATION.

You know how many people go on vacation to "recharge"? MILLIONS. But their respective companies dont start the hiring process or speculation game BECAUSE they wont answer a reporters call.

jesus people....How is this news???? What have we become in the "instant information age???
He was recently married too. Makes sense that he'd want to spend max amount of time with her and not answer any media questions. If he shows at Senior Bowl, etc. I would assume he'd like to stay. If not, wellll.

Been thinking all season about how long Payton could stay motivated to coach a defensive team. I guess we’re about to find out.
I’ve never thought of it that way. He is an offensive guru and our offense is tragic lol.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom